Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2001, 07:40 AM   #1
Lord Arathorn

I am running bg2 on an old p200 with a voodoo 2 card... so i'd really like to decrease the number of colors used in the game. I've seen it might be changed in the setup, but all the boxes except 32 bits colors can't be choosed. What's the problem ? Are these boxes just decorative, or is there a problem with my computer ?
here's my complete material : p200, 160mb RAM, matrox mystique 2mb, voodoo 2

Old 02-20-2001, 07:45 AM   #2
Lord Arathorn

btw i have another question... i don't know all the ad&d ruleset but i've learned most of them by playing black isle games... so, when a character reaches lvl 9, he can't get more than 3 hps for a fighter, thief, cleric and 1 hp for a mage, i know also that the patch must correct sthg like this, but it doesn't... is this a ad&d rule or is the french patch correcting it wrong ? (i'm french)

Old 02-20-2001, 08:58 AM   #3
Tobbin_OHF

Ok, lets start from the top. You may not be able to select some of the lower graphic settings because of your graphic card. You may want to try and change this in the configuration setup. The game will only set "generic" settings on some cards as well. Also, depending on whether you have 3d graphics turned on or not, it will make some options not available too.

As for the question about gaining hp's, that is a D&D standard. After you get to Lvl 9, you don't roll a die anymore. You just add on those given to you. This occurred because a long time ago when D&D started, players never really passed Level 13, and the makers really didn't want characters to be able to get hitpoints greater than the Gods, Demons, and dragons at the time. In other words, this is not a glitch, nor is it something that you can patch. If it really bothers you though, you can use SHADOW KEEPER to add whatever hitpoints that you want for your character.