Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2004, 12:01 AM   #1
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

END OF THE GAME SPOILERS
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
ONLY READ IF YOU'VE BEATEN THE GAME~
~
~
~
~
~
~
After already completing the final battle with Amelyssan already, I just can't seem to do it again. Last time, I got Irenicus on my team through the redemption mod. This time, I persuaded Balthazar to join me, and so I didn't want Irenicus. My party consists of:

Sorceror (level 30)
Keldorn (level 35 Inquisitor)
Sarevok (I forget, probably 28 or 29 warrior)
Aerie (24 cleric, 21 mage or something like that, or the other way around)
Valygar (37 Stalker)
Sola (SK to thief, and is at lvl 39)

I easily got through all the pools of the essense, and then Amelyssan appeared and offered Sarevok a spot with her in her ranks. I didn't bind Sarevok to an oath because I thought that if I did, he wouldn't become Chaotic Good. I expected this to be the part where Sarevok refuses and becomes Chaotic Good, but nope, he joins Amelyssan, taking my Big Metal Unit that he had equiped with him, along with a bunch fo potions of superior healing and a bag of holding full of upgraded items. It's no biggie about the items, the game is practically over, they're no use anymore. But now, one of my best fighters was gone. I took down Sarevok, then Illasera was the next to go. Abazigal went down after a long time. Then I took down Gromnir-Il-Kahn. Sendai proved to be difficult, but she went down after. Now Yaga-Shura and Mellisan were left. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't kill him. I got him down to near death, and he got back up to injured, so I just had my sorceror become the slayer and attack him. He went down to Near Death, and then my Sorceror suddenly died with no warning at all. I have improved bhaalspawn powers installed, so he became the Ravager and had 300 HP. He had 288 HP left, and then suddenly hit 0 for no reason at all. There was no one there except for Yaga-Shura, and I know he didn't hit me for 300 damage [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] . And I have to kill him in order to kill Mellisan, or else she keeps gathering more of the essense when she's about to die. Can anyone give me any tips on how to kill Yaga-Shura? I've got every one else covered. Also, is there any way I can still keep Sarevok? He's a valuable member of my party. I had 3 choices to tell him, they were something like:

1. You traitorous bastard!
2. I'll have to kill you too.
3. I don't remember what this was.

But any way I can keep him.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 09:36 AM   #2
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

'I have improved bhaalspawn powers installed, so he became the Ravager and had 300 HP. He had 288 HP left, and then suddenly hit 0 for no reason at all. There was no one there except for Yaga-Shura, and I know he didn't hit me for 300 damage'

Sounds like somebody stayed as the Slayer for a few seconds too long and died as a result. Just be a little more careful looking for the warnings next time
Old 01-04-2004, 12:52 PM   #3
Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace De'Briago:
'I have improved bhaalspawn powers installed, so he became the Ravager and had 300 HP. He had 288 HP left, and then suddenly hit 0 for no reason at all. There was no one there except for Yaga-Shura, and I know he didn't hit me for 300 damage'

Sounds like somebody stayed as the Slayer for a few seconds too long and died as a result. Just be a little more careful looking for the warnings next time
But losing 300 HP in the first strike? I used to gradualy take damage when the Slayer, but I lose it all at once as the ravager???

Old 01-04-2004, 01:07 PM   #4
Lord

I checked my Global Variables for Sarevok and see the following:

SAREVOKALIVE...............4
SAREVOKCHANGE..............1
SAREVOKTALKPC1.............3628985
SAREVOKTALKPC2.............3638473
SAREVOKTALKPC3.............4153394

Which do I change, and to what do I change it to keep him? I don't care if he doesn't become Chaotic Good, but I still want to keep him.

Old 01-04-2004, 05:22 PM   #5
Lord

I have a new problem now: the game won't finish. I managed to keep Sarevok by killing him, and them raising him after Mellisan appeared. However, now that I am chosing my destiny with Solar, Balthazar talks to me, but says the same thing over and over and over. His dialogue doesn't end. What to do?