Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2001, 04:59 PM   #1
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Ive seen lots of spoilers lately WITHOUT the spoiler mark. You should be very careful when posting this kind of info, and mark it clearly so that it doesnt ruin other peoples games.

This is the info considered as spoiler:

- Info about quests or plots. For example, telling what is gonna happen in a quest, what you have to do to get it, telling info about the main plot of the game, etc.
- Info about items, like telling their location or abilities.
- Info about enemies. For example, writing what is their tactic in battle, or what spells or tactics hurt them most.
- Any other info that might spoil other people. Just think, if you had just got the game and you read what you are gonna write, would it ruin your game, would the game lose something, anything ? if the answer is YES, then definitely its a spoiler.

Thanks to all

------------------
"I´ve been captured... and I don´t care" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 06:40 PM   #2
Lavindathar
Harper

Noted

------------------
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 02:41 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Good point, Ertai, and I agree totally.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 05:54 PM   #4
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Bumping ! Im not happy to say this, but im not liking a lot general attitude in this board lately (concerning to spoilers). I think ill have to email Dan about it to see what we can do.

------------------
Old 07-06-2001, 06:57 AM   #5
lorac3
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I always edit my fantastic post for un SPIOLERD spiolers
---------------------------------------------------------
so says Drizzt Do'Urden
so thats how it shall be
lorac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 08:43 AM   #6
Glaivas
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In regards to spoilers. Might we suggest hints or give the person a little guidance in the right direction without a straight up walk through on where to go. If after the hints or suggestions, the person writes back and is still having problems then we can try to help them out. I would never have fun playing this game if I was told where or what exactly to do in this game.

BTW, I don't think every item is necessary to have just for the sake of having it. I read books of Forgotten Realms and would never pickpocket Drizzt's weapons just because I can. Elminster and Drizzt are legends in the lands and I could never bring myself to take something from them. If I want a +5 weapon I'll do what they did and Fight the good fight and earn it in BG2. The best part of this game is not the Items you get but the RP storyline you get and I don't think Black Isle could have come up with a better story line then what they chose. I can't thank Black Isle enough for allowing me to join the world of my two favorite Heroes.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Glaivas Gastondale
Deadshot Ranger

[This message has been edited by Glaivas (edited 07-06-2001).]
Glaivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 10:22 AM   #7
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Well, one way to make sure members don't post spoilers without the labels is to put POSSIBLE SPOILER AHEAD. In any case, if they are not sure, then if it does end up being a spoiler, then they would have nothing to worry about. If it doesn't, you have to remember it says POSSIBLE.

[This message has been edited by Nanobyte (edited 07-06-2001).]
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 12:39 PM   #8
Qrt
Dungeon Master

it is a bit hard to avoid the subject altogether if the thread-creator really WANTS a spoil and is seriously stuck. Perhaps if that what is needed they could write: 'Spoiler wanted' in the title?

[This message has been edited by Qrt (edited 07-08-2001).]
Qrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 07:03 PM   #9
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Guys, you should really comply with the rules Subcomandante Ertai has outlined:

1) he is right, spoilers are really annoying and as the moderator of this forum it is his task to monitor such things.

2) You don't want to anger him I: he has a close friend who owns a pit fiend and your weakling BGI characters are most certainly not yet up to facing one of those.

3) You don't want to anger him II: he is Basque, and believe me that a disgruntled Basque is even much more frightening than a pit fiend !

4) You don't want to anger him III: he is also a close friend of a certain tall blonde whose sharp tongue and mind make her more frightening than a pit fiend and an angry Basque combined ...

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 01:31 PM   #10
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

LOL Ramon, i dont get angry easily !!!
But i dont think you wanna see me angry anyway !!

I think its going better now, but we still need to be more careful !! I havent started editing ALL the spoilerish posts, but when BIG spoilers are given without notice, i will edit them and maybe do something about it if its not the first time.

The idea of marking if a question requests spoilers or not is cool too, try to use it !!

thanks to all

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ertai_OHF (edited 07-09-2001).]