Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2002, 06:42 AM   #1
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

Possible ***Spoiler*** ahead. Read at your own risk if you aren't yet to Chapter Three.
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
Okay. I know this is all over the Bioware boards, and I'm sifting through it (obviously unsuccessfully so far) looking for a fix. Apparently many people have had trouble with the script initiating once the protagonist arrives at the top of the tower in Luskan. I can walk to the gate (locked) and nothing happens. I can't bash/ burn/knock the lock. I can't speak with anyone except the forwardmost Lizardfolk, who grunt at me something like, "slave". I've tried casting spells, firing arrows (which anger the Lizardfolk) but they never open the doors.

This is not an inventory problem I understand. I also understand that patch 1.19 does not address this. I can use the console ( ~ ) to move my character with the command "dm_jumptopoint" or maybe "dm_movetopoint" I can't remember, but I can't figure out the syntax how to adjust coordinates to teleport me within the gate(sticks me in the corner every time, behind a fence with no gate).

Maugrim, Aribeth, and the Reptile chick just stand there and take no damage and do not respond to any attack or spell.

I am running on an 850 Athalon with 128MB (Got a new one on the way with a GeForce 4 Ti though baby!!!)

I realize this may have been brought up before, but I cannot find it on this forum, so please humor me by sending me a solution or link to a REAL fix if anyone knows. Thanks!

[ 07-09-2002, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: Zateel ]
Old 07-09-2002, 06:51 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

???

is that when aribeth is taking a vow to turn to dark side? you can't open that gate. just go to maugrim lab and get some item there and teleport to aarin and report your findings. that's all!
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 07:03 AM   #3
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

That's the whole thing, she never takes the vow. She never says anything. Nothing to report! I do have the journal from the wizard's lair, but Aarin Gend won't do anything. He's just saying how glad he is we've found where the cult is, and to go do what I have to do. It seems like there are at least 30 or more accounts of this bug on the NWN forum.

Also, I'm playing Paladin(3),Fighter(4),Cleric(8) with Linu as my henchperson. Not that it makes a difference.
Old 07-11-2002, 02:43 PM   #4
Evergreene
The Magister

I know that when i was up there, this is what i did...
I stood at the locked gates yet clicked on Aribeth and Muagrim. When clicked upon with the "talk" default icon, they spoke their text. (Not to me, but to each other aparently, but it took ME initiating some "talk" to make them talk). THEN the gates flew open, lizardmen attacked and aribeth and Maugrim teleported out to wherever.
Evergreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 02:53 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

According to the forums at Bioware (nwn.bioware.com) the issue is fixed and being verified and will be released in an upcoming patch (possibly the v1.21 patch scheduled for release in a week +/-)

Here is the updated list of issues and progress to date:

""Hi there. Time for a big update on what we are working on in terms of issues that customers are having with the game.

Issues in this thread are acknowledged as issues and also include their status.

Please understand that we do care a great deal our your experience with Neverwinter Nights. Something that a lot of you have heard from us and you are probably sick of, is us talking about updating drivers. While I understand that this can be very annoying to hear and even insulting, we have a great number of people that have fixed their particular issue by changing a driver.

1. Stuttering - Investigating. No progress.

2. Ghosted items - Fixed, in verification, will be in an upcoming patch.

3. Possessing your familiar then saving your game then misc. problems - Fixed. Verified. Will be in an upcoming patch.

4. Saving while a PC is in an area transition - Fixed, in verification, will be in an upcoming patch.

5. PCs not ending up in multiplayer save games. - Fixed, in verification, will be in an upcoming patch. You can fix this yourself by setting:
[Server Options]
SaveCharsInSaveGame=1
in the nwnplayer.ini file.

6. Toolset and "corrupted" modules - Fixed. Verified. Will be in an upcoming patch.

7. "could not translate address" - Investigating. Seems to be confined to Win98/ME. Cannot duplicate in 2K/XP.

8. Memory leak. - Investigating. No progress.

9. DM Client stability and functionality issues - Fixed, in verification, will be in an upcoming patch.

10. Hostile NPCs, including henchmen. - Investigated. Duplicated. Starting to fix.

11. Magic items that increase # of spells castable per day messing up the number of spells that can be cast, especially when removed, allowing greater than allowed spells-per-day - Fixed, will be in an upcoming patch.

12. Invalid Character on logging into a servervault server. Investigating. If you are RUNNING one of these servers that people are having problems with, please send a private message to Nathan Frederick.

13. Hosttower problem where people are unable to progress - Ivestigated, fixed, in verification.
We CANNOT predict which issue will be in which patch. Or when specific patches will be released. Please don't ask when.

Also, we will be culling responces from this thread that are completely off topic or just don't apply. DO NOT post new bugs in this thread, they will be deleted.

Edit by Nathan Frederick - Added some more known issues so people are aware we are looking at their problems. And we ARE taking the stuttering issue seriously, despite what some people seem to be thinking.
http://www.neverwinternights.com/

[ Edited By Derek French: Saturday, 06 July 07:16PM (GMT) ]

[ Edited By Nathan Frederick: Wednesday, 10 July 05:58PM (GMT) ]
""

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 06:18 PM   #6
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

I'm glad to hear that! Meanwhile, I restarted an older character and progressed past that point with no problem. After playing the game 4-8 hours a day, not being able to progress sort of changed my lifestyle. At least I slept a little this week...