Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2002, 08:00 AM   #1
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Hi, everybody. This will be an adventure open to everybody who's ever wanted to adventure in the Underdark with the world's greatest drow. Viconia herself will be along for this one, to find and either mercy-kill or, if possible, rescue her brother. This trip will start with a visit to my character and her husband's house in Baldur's Gate, where the three currently reside. Just write yourself in.
Old 01-05-2002, 08:03 AM   #2
SecretMaster
Apophis

Sure, I'll sign up! When does it start?
Old 01-05-2002, 08:11 AM   #3
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

The scene: A modest house on a side streeet. A conversation is taking place in Lady Galadria's Study. She is a mage of great might. Her husband is Sir Attalus, a Paladin of considerable prowness. Viconia, clad in a beautiful blue cloak that she received for her 400th Birthday is speaking.
VICONIA
(to Galadria) So you see, abbil, I feel that I must go back to the Underdark to rescue my brother, Valen, from his prison in the body of a Drider. So much has been happening, what with your recent decision not to become a goddess and your rescue of me from the clutches of that would-be poisoner, the evil Erawoib. I would not leave your side, but I feel that our task is done, for now, and I would not lie idle. Attalus has mentioned to me, of late, that he is beginning to be restless again, and he is ready to seek new adventure. How say you?
Old 01-05-2002, 08:13 AM   #4
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

OOC>>Welcome, Secretmaster. I hoped I could count on you. Just walk up and ring the bell.
Old 01-05-2002, 08:23 AM   #5
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

GALADRIA
(to Viconia)Of course, Vicky, if you feel that you must go, I shall be at your side. Attalus, as well. We shall start soon, but first, I want you to know that I have come across a marvellous artefact on my most recent foray to the Sorcerous Sundries. It appears to me to be a scroll from the hand of no less than the Avatar of mighty Helm, himself. It seems that a priest of his was instructed to do just such a thing, for a drider had been sent by Lolth to desecrate one of Helm's Temples. The drider was killed before the scroll could be used, and it was forgotten. Such a thing could not be a coincidence. Perhaps your recent decision to become a priestess of Helm had something to do with it?
Old 01-05-2002, 08:25 AM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

SecretMaster walks up to the fine house, and he stretches his neck to see a mage tower behind it. It is very tall, and a bright orange color "Hmm, its either Ragefast's tower, or Galadria's. Anyway, better continue, times a wastin, and if I heard correctly, we'll be facing a drider. I can only wonder the horror's we'll meet down there..." SecretMaster walks up and rings the button. A huge bell rings 3times, and as he waits patiently, he hears a distinct rustle in the bushes by the side of the house, in a dark and grimy ally Secret Master draws his sword "Time to put that guy away" He creeps up to the ally, and jumps the man. But in retaliation, the giant 6'7 man throws him back. SecretMaster takes one of his throwning knives, and throws it at the man. It bounces off and he makes a harsh laugh "Hahahahaa, FOOL, do you think you can stop me. Only one of my power can hahahahah! You are foolish to come on this journey, and I swear that girl Viciona will be gone before you know it!" With that, a flashing light comes, and the man is gone. By now there is quite a crowd, with people looking all around, out of windows, on the street, etc. "What are you looking at? Get back to work you lazy animals!" With that, they walk away with a distinct murmur of questions. In the distance, he can hear something. "WHATS GOING ON PEOPLE!? IF THERES A FIGHT, THE FLAMING FIST WILL TAKE CARE OF IT!." SecretMaster rushes to Galadria's door, and bangs his fist against the door. "LET ME IN! Hurry you blasted fools!"
Old 01-05-2002, 08:29 AM   #7
Legolas
Jack Burton

OOC: Letting the love slave go back to the underdark? Ah well, I'm in

IC: He opened the old door and slipped out. Three gold pieces and a Zircon gem. Not too bad. A lot better than those ferocious guard dogs and irritable magi, that's for sure.
Glancing around for the guards again, but finding none, he gathered his courage as he was taught and slipped in through another back door. He saw a room full of swords, shields, and armour, helmets, capes and magical trinkets. Very promising. It was the home of a well travelled adventurer. Either that or Reibald's storage room.
To grab some magic and run, or to search for the more powerful items in the other rooms? He decided to lift a sword off the wall and tuck it under his cloak. A tingling feeling spread out from his hand, moving up through his arm, and eventually spreading throughout his entire body. Powerful magic, for sure.

The thief opened the door to the next room, and took it in. His heart nearly stopped. Three people were in that room, one a drow. She had seen him. He froze in place, sweat breaking out all over. At least one of these people was an experienced adventurer. He was toast.

Frantically, he tried to relax. He didn't, at first, but after taking a few calming breaths, he managed to stop trembling. He took a daring step forward.

"Greetings Sir, Ladies, I am Skip. The, ehr, my bosses at the hall of wonder told me an adventurer lived here, and.. ehr.. and... Ah. And I was sent over to polish your equipment (yes, polish. That's it). It would be a shame to see such wonderful items lost to the world, wouldn't it? So, ehr, here I am."
Old 01-05-2002, 08:30 AM   #8
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

ATTALUS
(opens door)What's all the commotion? Come in, friend. Gal's in the study with Vicky. It seems that we're going back to the Underdark, to rescue Vicky's brother. I don'tt know if you know them. Come in and introduce yourself.(As they go into the study they find Galadria and Viconia confronting the thief, Skip)
Old 01-05-2002, 08:39 AM   #9
SecretMaster
Apophis

You hear some screaming and next thing, SecretMaster barges in. "I told you to open up! Damn, their after me again, so I'll just bolt the door. And hide Viciona, Flaming Fist will do anything to kill a drow! Thanx for saving me Galadria" With that, SecretMaster bolts the door, next thing he disapears. "Invisibilty ring, found it at the Hall of Wonders. They've been after me all over the city. I've just about raided every rich place, and that new fella who lives in Entar's old estate, is filthy rich. Why does he even have this little thing?" He takes out a small glowing orb that swirls with different colors. As you look closely, you can see a faint cavern like area. "when i went out at night, this little thing brights up with color, so I'm guessing its used for dark dungeons. Oh, allow me to introduce myself. I am SecretMaster the thief. Extrodinaire robber, assassin, and scout at your service. By the looks of it, we already have another thief" SecretMaster says as he eyes Legolas carefully.
Old 01-05-2002, 08:41 AM   #10
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

GALADRIA
(taken somewhat aback, but, as usual, in total command of herself}
"Welcome. Skip, and Secretmaster. It seems that we have a great task ahead of us, to rescue Valen, Viconia's brother, from the clutches of the Spider Queen. Do I take it right that you are both thieves? Are you registered with the guild, here? Imoen and I are both members in good standing, you know. It's too bad that Immy isn't here, but she's off with Elminster doing something with those shady Harpers. Like I told her, I've never trusted them since they tried to have Jahiera and I murdered."(looks in fascination at Secretmaster's orb)
(to Secretmaster)"Indeed, Sir, it seems that you have come upon an artefact of great power, We must certainly use it in the Underdark.
VICONIA
(to Galadria)"Abbil, I am glad that they did not get you, but that Jahiera would have been small loss."
(to Secretmaster, uneasily)"Attalus said that there was a fight in the street. Did this concern me?"(clutches an amulet on her bosom)
Closed Thread