Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2001, 12:32 PM   #1
Anka
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Often, while I'm playing, to pause the game, I press on the "save game" button. I've found that if you leave the game in this mode for long enough, that time passes, even though it's technically paused! So, if it's daylight when I click "save game" and leave it for a while, it could be dark out when I return. And vice-versa, which is usefull when travelling at night.
Anyone else noticed this? Could this apply to the monk quest?
Old 11-07-2001, 01:04 PM   #2
btennison
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Anytime you press the "P" key for pause, time passes but everything else stops, even battle. You won't see time pass until you unpause the game then the clock advances to where it should be.

The most annoying thing about this game is the need to walk away and quit playing just to get the sun to come up again.
btennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 01:48 PM   #3
Anka
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmm, so everything else stops... Does that count for the monk quest clock?
Old 11-07-2001, 05:38 PM   #4
aestra
Dungeon Master

Hmm... from my experience, the game doesn't pause when you click on the save game button... things still happen in the small window on the screen.

I've also been walking about in the same game with the sun going up and down.

The easiest way to sort the monk quest is really to use the tree-surfing method, but get to the top of the city gates and stay there, and leave your computer for a few hours.
aestra is offline   Reply With Quote