Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2001, 12:29 PM   #1
swavek
The Magister

I'm still not sure about how skills are affected when a player ascends to another class. for example, if i had a warrior with 3 points in some skill and then he ascended to a different class that didn't normally have that skill. what happens to that skill? can i continue to put points into it?
and just to clarify things for myself, if i ascend to another class any skills that my previous class had, and didn't put any points into, are lost. right? now what about magic skills? if i go from wizard to warlock, what will i lose? will i not be able to advance my suncraft skill, but i can still get/learn any spells from the lower levels that i hadn't picked up earlier? anyway, if someone could enlighten me, i'd really appreciate it. i've got a priest and a wizard that i'd like to ascend to other classes, but i'm concerned about their skills/spells.

-swavek
Old 11-04-2001, 12:39 PM   #2
Jazzid
Manshoon

Hi! I'll try to answer your questions. If you have put skill points into an ability you'll still be able to put skillpoints into that ability after you have changed classes.

If you haven't put any skill points into an ability that ability will be lost, as you stated yourself.

Going from Wizard to Warlock does not have ANY drawbacks, except that you get more magic schools to put skill points into.

However, if you go from Wizard or Warlock to ANY other class spells pertaining to old magic schools will be learnt at HALF the current skill level, unless a particular school is shared with the new class.

Please do look up the manual for further info.

Cheers // Jazzid
Old 11-04-2001, 12:58 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to board, swavek!!!

Jazzid gave excellent advice (as he always does ). Another thing you might want to keep in mind about skills is that only so many can be displayed on the character screen. It is possible for skills to scroll off the screen. They are not "gone" but it is difficult, if not impossible to increase them further once they have scrolled.
One player's solution to this problem was to always put their increases in the skills that would be the first to scroll off (bottom, right hand column). Not a bad solution but I think adding skills carefully rather than every skill that becomes available is also a workable solution.
Hope that helps!

Wyv
Old 11-04-2001, 04:25 PM   #4
Jazzid
Manshoon

Thanks for the compliment Wyv, just trying to do my job...
//Jazzid
Old 11-04-2001, 08:04 PM   #5
swavek
The Magister

thank you Jazzid. as for the manual, i've read it
but it didn't explain skills and ascension clearly enough.