Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2003, 07:10 AM   #1
Pangur Ban

It’s a long weekend here in the land of Aus, and my wife is competing in an ice skating contest ….so I've borrowed a digital camera from my workplace.

Being a conservative sort of person, ( and also being threatened by my wife that I had BETTER make sure any pictures I take are good ones ) I decided to actually read the instruction booklet.

Hmmmmmm ……

Perhaps booklet is not the correct term. The instructions are in pdf format - 110 A4 pages.

But what really surprised me were the safety warnings. SIX full A4 pages of them. I never knew using a digital camera could be an activity subject to so much peril.

To protect the guilty, I shall refrain from telling what brand and model this camera is, but it is a well known and respected brand.

I offer for your general education some of the warnings and cautions offered to the novice digital camera user.

-------------------------------------------------------

- Do not use batteries that are soiled with oil or sweat
( Safe to soil them with anything else though? )

- Do not use the camera while driving.
( Hadn't really planned to … )

- Stop using the camera immediately if smoke starts coming out of it.
( It's gonna do WHAT? )

- Do not use the camera on unstable ground. Serious injury or death may result from a fall from a high place.
( Can't argue with that … )

- Do not use the camera during thunder or lightning.Death may occur if lightning strikes the camera.
( Hey, what about if the lightning strikes *me* ?? )

- The strap might wrap around the neck causing strangulation.
( Just what I need, a camera strap with with a life of its own, AND homicidal tendancies … )

- Camera dropping on the head or body parts may not only cause personal injury but malfunction of the unit as well.
( No mention of the reason why the camera was dropped on my, or anyone else's head. Probably better not to know, I guess ...)

- Do not use force when operating the camera. The camera may become damaged, causing personal injury.
( Damm. And I was soooooo looking forward to bashing it. )

Do not drop combustible items items into the camera
( So that’s what causes the smoke !! )

And finally, provided I haven't been in a traffic accident, asphyxiated by smoke, fallen off of a cliff, struck by lightning, strangled, hit on the head, or otherwise personally injured, I might fall victim to this final, deadly, hazard.

- Take care not to get fingers caught in the battery cover. Personal injury may result

( Ouch. I just pinched my finger ) [img]graemlins/cat3.gif[/img]

Pang.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:23 AM   #2
Zero Alpha

ROFL hilarious

who new there were so many ways to die or be injured through use of such a small device . i may never be able to use one again
Old 06-06-2003, 07:26 AM   #3
Pangur Ban

Maybe this is why professional photographers charge so much $$$$ the fee includes hazard pay.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:26 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hiya Pangur [img]smile.gif[/img]

And whilst doing (or not doing) all that - don't forget to watch out for Drop Bears
Old 06-06-2003, 07:28 AM   #5
Arvon
Unicorn

Seems to me you can thank your bar association for that stuff.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 06-06-2003, 07:31 AM   #6
Pangur Ban

Hi Davros [img]graemlins/cat3.gif[/img]

At least there should be no drop bears in the skating rink. The skaters are much more dangerous.

Pang.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:03 PM   #7
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

they forgot to mention these

Do not use in bathtub, might cause electricuation if plugged into ac outlet

if camera should fall in river...do not dive after it, serious ingury or death could result

[img]tongue.gif[/img] do not ask if I did this cuz no, but have known of people doind it
Old 06-06-2003, 01:16 PM   #8
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

LOL, funny comment man. You have a talent for making jokes. [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2003, 03:06 PM   #9
Drake
Baaz Draconian

while reading that I experienced a fun feeling and I could not help from making short but strong sounds. kinda like hahahaha. I wonder if i am sick or if I experience this strange thing known as a laugh. [img]tongue.gif[/img]