Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2002, 03:55 PM   #1
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Question Mark

Felwood completely and utterly SUCKS! I had not 1 millisecond of joy running through that damned forest, trying to find *the-one-way* out. I'm playing D&D IWD2 in 2002, critically acclaimed, not mario bro 3, guessing in what tunnel to jump! Interplay screwed up big time here.

And second, animate dead rules once again! Even for lvl 11 wizards and sorcs. Greater bonelords OWN those single mages.
Old 10-31-2002, 04:36 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Yep fellwood sucked big time. Completely stupid that the place changed after every little quest so you could go the same route and end up in different places. And the will-o-wisp battle was the most annoying and unfair thing in the game. Very unimpressed with that.

Animate dead's good yeah, although I was never very pleased when I'd use it and end up with a greater drowned dead who would die in two seconds instead of a greater boneguard
Old 10-31-2002, 06:14 PM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Of course, the place was magically enchanted (is there any other kind?) to be nasty and confusing.

But you're right, this was a very tedious section of the game. Though not as tedious as Dragon's Eye.

I wasn't thrilled with the way Suoma ordered us around, either.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 09:04 PM   #4
masteraleph
Elminster

Actually, fell wood wasn't that bad if you had a character with a built up wilderness lore skill. Luckily, I decided a while back that my barbarian had no other useful skills, really, so I'd been giving him wilderness lore (IIRC that's what it's called, it's what it was in 2nd ed anyways) at every level up.
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 09:19 PM   #5
rondell
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I agree. It was nice to find a use for wilderness lore, which I have otherwise ignored. I like it when one of my party members can come through for the team.
rondell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 11:50 PM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

My dislike for the Wood had nothing to do with getting lost. It was having to go back there time and again, going through the same areas, fighting the same monsters in the same areas. Yawn.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 05:29 AM   #7
Balhifet
The Magister

I absolutely agree. The Fell Wood is so annoying.
Old 11-01-2002, 05:41 AM   #8
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

I agree Fell Wood is deadly, if one can die of boredom and frustration. Oh and Animate Dead is a great spell,... if you're a newbie and can't beat the game otherwise (flamebait intended )
Old 11-01-2002, 08:00 AM   #9
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Question Mark

Quote:
Oh and Animate Dead is a great spell,... if you're a newbie and can't beat the game otherwise
Ridiculous statement.

Something else, Skull Trap hasn't lost one bit of its ownage, in fact, it may seem a little overpowered when used as an offense weapon, especially mages since -> read next point.

Mages are still powerfull in this game, but my sorc lvl 12 just got access to lvl 6 spells, and that level is seriously impeded compared to BG2.
Old 11-01-2002, 08:39 AM   #10
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:
quote:
Oh and Animate Dead is a great spell,... if you're a newbie and can't beat the game otherwise
Ridiculous statement.

[/QUOTE]You mean pre patch animate dead is not cheasy ?

Have your spellcasters memorize only AA at that level. Summon a bunch of Greater Bonelords, sleep 8 hours, summon another bunch of Greater Bonelords (the first bunch is still there), cast mass haste, bless, prayer,... and every other mass buff spell,... *yawn*...