Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 07:10 PM   #1
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Not starting just yet, just posting the stats and such.

Jerr Quickfoot
Male Halfling Fighter (18) Thief (21)
Proficiencies:
Sword and Shield Style: ** (I used Shadowkeeper to switch from two weapon style to sword and shield style)
Short Swords: **
Sling: **
Short Bow: **

Str: 14
Dex: 20
Con: 11
Int: 14
Wis: 14
Cha: 18

Ok before I go on, I have a question. I just noticed that my alignment has inexplicably turned to NEUTRAL EVIL when it's supposed to be Neutral Good. Is this a bug of the Sola Mod or does this happen when you go to ToB?
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 08:21 PM   #2
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

It's not a bug.

The decisions you make at the end of SoA can have an effect on your alignment.
Dace De'Briago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 09:16 PM   #3
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

I'm pretty sure I made good decisions though. I didn't use the Black Talon sword. I didn't use the nymph cloak and I braved the fear without any spell aids. I didn't do anything bad that I can think of near the end.

Chapter One: Of Embarrassing Family

So there we were, vacationing at Suldanessalar, when our respite is interrupted by someone claiming to be my sister. The horrid woman obviously didn't know how to apply make-up, according to Immy. This Ilasera said there was only room for one mage/thief in our family and attacked Imoen!

What choice did we have? We had to kill her.

Then we were transported back to Hell.

By Brandobaris's ample buttocks, is this going to happen each and every time I kill someone!?

Then an angel appeared and we got into a lengthy discussion about my destiny and why turnips are bad for you. She left, only to be replaced by Sarevok! The guy wouldn't shut up unless I gave him part of my soul so he could live again! After the third day of havilng to hear the sod sing a song called "My Heart Will Go On", I agreed just to shut him up.

He informed me we weren't in Hell. We were in a pocket plane. And each room here was a test. I took the first test and passed!

Then a statue informed me I could summon friends and have a party if I want, so I did. Had them equipped, and they went to party in Jerr's Pocket Plane. Viconia complained that Keldorn was drinking all of the ale, though.

Finally, I met my butler, Cespenar. He made a few shiny items for me.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 02-16-2005, 01:23 PM   #4
Klutz
Manshoon

You killed the Dragon of Pride. The good option for getting that tear is to keep questioning the demon in front of the dragon until he admits that you don't actually have to kill the dragon to get the tear. Once you make it clear to the demon that you won't attack the dragon and the conversation ends, you can simply walk up to the dragon and it will give you the tear.

And by the way, since I'm posting, let me add that your tales of Jerr Quickfoot's exploits are absolutely hilarious. Thanks and keep it coming!

[ 02-16-2005, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Klutz ]
Old 02-16-2005, 03:20 PM   #5
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Ah I see. Thanks for the info.

I changed it back to Neutral Good.

And thanks for the comments.

[ 02-16-2005, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Jerr Conner ]
Old 02-16-2005, 11:01 PM   #6
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Chapter Two: Saradush

We found out that the Pocket Plane is exitable by the big gaping hole near the statues. After entering it, we all found ourselves in a city besieged by Fire Giants! Some woman named Mellisan was surprised to see us, then guards attack us thinking we're spies!

After making short work of them, Mellisan explains some stuff to us then we head to the bar to get drunk. Unofrtunately, these stupid guards were ruining everything by hitting on our waitress. Each time they pinched her, our drinks would be spilled! So we confronted the men. They said they'd stop if we let them have Imoen, Jaheira, and Aerie for a little sport: wrong response! Thanks to Aerie and Imoen, Boo has two new "girlfriends" in the form of polymorphed soldiers.

We met Volo in the back of the bar, who is writing a story about me

He plans to call them The Adventures of Jerr Quickfoot, Halfling Thief and Swordsman

Then we talked to Viekang, a brother it turns out. I remembered him from Trademeet.

After that, we headed to the local magic shop to buy some magic. The owner's book had been stolen, though, so he hired us to find his book. The one clue, muddy small footprints.

Outside we talked to the boy Squip. He admitted to spying on the wizard, but only to blackmail the old man! Hectan, a thief, had stolen the book.

Hectan admitted to it, and he'd give it back for a teleportation scroll. Lazurus gave us one but warned us that it wouldn't work. Anyone using it would go splat! We told Hectan that much, but noooo, he wouldn't listen! At the moment he cast the spell, Boo's new "girlfriends" hitched a ride on Hectan's body thinking to escape! As Hectan exploded, so did the guards which doubled the amount of blood to spray all over the place. Why doesn't anyone ever listen!?

The bartender said it was our fault and made us pay for the mess!

Next, we found some elves a home and freed a man named Mateo from wrongful imprisonment. I met a few other brothers around town as well.

Now, into Gromnir's castle!
Old 02-17-2005, 04:26 PM   #7
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Chapter Three: Gromnir's Castle

At the tavern, we asked around and found out that the old Jail was occupied by vamps. We asked the priestess at the local temple for a key and she gave us one.

In the old jail, we encountered a ghost who kept bothering us for his head and necklace. After freeing him, he gave us a reward.

Then we slaughtered all of the vampires.

Exiting the Prison into Gromnir's Castle's Prison, I met another sister who commented how crazy we were for trying to sneak into Gromnir's castle! I took it as a compliment. After defeating his guards, we freed the prisoners.

Two doors leading to the same room, such a nice ambush opportunity

Minsc and I took one, then as the guards attacked us, the rest of the gang opened the next door and rained arrows, bolts, and bullets on them!

Then Aerie and Imoen had a discussion about how the taint of Bhaal gives us the munchies.

After that, Aerie and Sola teamed up since they wanted to test their new wands of lightening

Simple plan really. Open a door, use wands, close door.

This plan helped us make our way into Gromnir's Castle

We were ambushed up the stairs, but taking out the mage first tipped the battle. Then before heading to Gromnir's throne room, where he'd surely be, our spellcasters cast some blessings on us. Upstairs, we heard a suspicious conversation between Mellisan and Gromnir. He had her taken away, then he attacks us!

So much for diplomacy

Mellisan yelled at us after killing Gromnir, something about him knowing the exact location of her diary. I hope we find her diary someday [img]smile.gif[/img]

After that, I agreed to stop Yaga Shura. First, we wanted to see what the hub bub was all bout concerning the Sewers. Boy, that almost killed us! Poor Aerie got Mazed twice

Then using the Pocket Plane, we found a way out of the city. Saved some cute Merchants too Sola has been getting mad at me a lot lately. Silly elf! Does he not know it's ok to stare!?
Old 02-17-2005, 10:53 PM   #8
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Chapter Four: The Temple and Yaga-Shura's Home

It didn't take too long to wade through the soliders of Yaga-Shura. Once we made it to the temple, though, we were confronted by who appeared to be Gorion! Of course I knew it wasn't Gorion the moment he mentioned catching me in the barn with a girl at the age of sixteen [img]tongue.gif[/img]

So whatever it was attacked. Of course, they didn't have much of a chance as Sola used the Daystar's sunray, Aerie cast Sunray, and I used the Helm of Brilliance's sunray. Tallk about over-kill!

Since we were now wary, we quickly cast some protection spells and headed forward. Some undead nearly killed us. Thank Brandobaris for Sola's Moonray! Or more appropriately, Eilistraee!

Then we met a witch named Nyalee. She said she was Yaga-Shura's mom and wanted him dead. Minsc commented how odd it was that such a small woman could give birth to a giant. Boo shook his head in shame.

At Yaga-Shura's home, we encountered an odd group of monsters and battled our way through Fire Giants. When we finally arrived at the door, we prepared with more spells of protection expecting the guards to be at the door. How right we were!

Sola casts Ice Storm, then Aerie and Imoen chain lightening! Jaheira casts Insect Plague, and then Me, Aerie, Sola, and Imoen use wands of lightening on the Fire Giants! Even with all of that damage, we still nearly exhausted our potions of healing! Luckily the giants hadn't so we restocked from their corpses [img]smile.gif[/img]

The next few fights were the same. Believe it or not, we only needed to rest once. I found a nice new belt made of fire giant hair that gives me great strength! I can now carry all of the party on my wee shoulders

After clearing the level, we headed upstairs.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:01 PM   #9
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Chapter Five: Confronting Yaga-Shura

The second level wasn't as easy. Check it out for yourself:

Luckily for us, Sola's Chain Lightening had allowed Jaheira to cast Insect Plague in time to help us Though when I made the following comment, Jaheira got mighty mad.

We snagged Yaga-Shura's Heart and headed to his room.

Finally we found Yaga-Shura's room. Unfortunately, Imix, the Prince of Fire was guarding it. Wait...nevermind. Twas as easy as pouring buckets of water on him and his allies

Underneath Yaga-Shura's bed, we found the heart of his mother's, and a diary along with an assorment of panties. Here is an exceprt from the diary:

"Mumsy is sooo smothering sometimes! I told her that I needed to eat the hearts of Bhaalspawn, but nooo! Mumsy says they're high in cholestoral and I'm heading to an early grave! What does mumsy know anyway? She thinks that Bhaal will make such a great dadsy for me! Bugger on mumsy!

My collecting of panties go well! Now I almost have enough to properly dress my fire giants in! They do object to having to wear panties as armor, but I'll not have my fire giants looking brutish. When we tear down the walls of Saradush, we shall look fab-u-lous!

Mumsy's heart has been removed, HURRAH! Now she's not as smothering as before, however she seems to want me dead now. The Swamps will cure her of that!"

Of course our snickering attracted two fire giants.

Luckily, a well-placed mass sleeping spell our mages learned let the two fall asleep. Mental note: Try to teach Sola to be a little more manly sounding. Jaheira and Aerie are starting to feel he's a bitt too girly these days to be an elf ever since he left the Underdark. They express their embarrassment each time someone asks if all male elves act like that.

Then we headed to the Swamp. Nyalee extinguished the hearts, unfortunately she did too good a job. She started ranting about how I had to die before her boy ate my heart and died of a heart attack!

The battle wasn't too hard considering Minsc always seems to be able to attract Nymphs. Jaheira took out the Shambling Mounds when she transformed into a Fire Elemental. Nyalee I backstabbed. All in all, a short battle. All we had to do was wait for Minsc to get back from his date with the nymphs. How many sites are there to see in a swamp anyway?

We headed to the siege camp as soon as Minsc came back. Bollocks, they destroyed Saradush! Yaga-Shura ranted about how invincible he was until I wounded him, to which he said, "Oh no! Mumsy has betrayed me!"

Then I ended up killing my fire-giant brother.

Solar teleported us to the Pocket Plane to introduce me to my psychotic mother and a young Sarevok. I sort of feel bad for Sarevok, considering I could easily have been where he is. But then, Sarevok-Child tried stealing my short sword so I didn't feel as bad.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:03 PM   #10
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Chapter Six: The Oasis and The Desert Town

I took another test at the Pocket Plane. It was what would have happened if I were in Sarevok's Place. I must've been really strong because I was using a long sword AND medium shield!

I passed the test, which was basically me killing myself. Odd how that reads.

Then we had to go through and Oasis full of soldiers bent on my death! Reading some scrolls on their bodies, I have quite the bounty on my head. Is it so wrong of me to be mad the bounty isn't for my robberies across the Sword Coast?

Then in town I saved the Mayor's daughter from execution for stealing the Mercenaries candy. Those mercenaries sure love chocolate if they're willing to kill for it! I met Balthazar, my brother seems like he has an Umber Hulk stuck up his arse. Told him he should get out more. Then helped a Cleric of Waukeen and some Noble who sold his daughter's soul to aa Lich. The merchant ended up dying somehow, though, so I gave the girl 5000 gold to help her on her feet.

Then I ended up killing more mercenaries, helping Saemon yet again, and selling a lot of my items to a merchant in town. I wasn't using them anyway.