Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2002, 10:18 AM   #1
Vandemar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

how can i edit weapons to create new damage types ie ones that canot be resisted i have been killed by alot of people on the web with these weapons and i demand VENGENCE!!!

so how can i make them or where can i download them from?
Old 09-10-2002, 02:13 PM   #2
perk31
Manshoon

I've seen other posts that mentions doing this in the toolset. Of course you could always play on servers that don't allow cheating like that.
Old 09-10-2002, 02:25 PM   #3
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

or have every single damage type at 2d6 around 50 times? theres no way someone can totally be undamagable by that is there?
Felix
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 06:43 PM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I would figure out the racial types and allignments which your enemies use and make weapons that have like +50 VS their class/race/etc...

Remember this one: "I've got an ogre slaying knife, it's got a +9 against ogres!" well why stop there when you can have a dragon slaying spear that does +50 [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2002, 07:30 PM   #5
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
I would figure out the racial types and allignments which your enemies use and make weapons that have like +50 VS their class/race/etc...

Remember this one: "I've got an ogre slaying knife, it's got a +9 against ogres!" well why stop there when you can have a dragon slaying spear that does +50 [img]tongue.gif[/img]
The only problem with all of this is that they usually use 100% immunity to a specific attack. When you attack with that damage type, it will come up stating that they are immune to that attack. IE. Slashing/Piercing damage. I have a longsword +5 that has all kinds of + to attack mode. +5 damage basically across the board. If they have immunity to slashing/piercing damage, it doesn't matter whether I make my attack roll or not. The message stating damage will still come up. Should you add other types of damage, then you may be able to affect them. IE. Acid damage or fire damage. If they have protection against this (most do), then that will negate that form of damage too. I have a sword (I got from a DM) that does almost any kind of damage imaginable - it's level 61. When I hit a dragon (or someone else), it usually does around 75 hp's damage per hit. If I critical, it can go as high as 250 hp's damage. It can also slay living outright too. Well, there are some characters that have items or hacked their character where this sword will not affect them. Just depends on how much effort they went to whether you can hurt them or not. Like I was saying in another thread, something that works against them is Time Stop or Gate. If you have enough of these and are on a server that you can respawn on, you can take up enough time from them killing everyone (or you) where they will give up and just leave. The only main problem from this is that Time Stop and Gate can bring down a server. I only use it sparingly when I have to. Usually as the mod I go to is not really that good anyway, I will just leave. I try to defend whatever server I am on if I think it's a good one. Can't always do that, but I do my best.