Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2003, 07:42 PM   #11
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

You're right of course pritchke, but I would imagine that it is a bug in the game that keeps the condition of acid/poison/whatever if you save whilst the effects in place. I'm sure I've seen something like it too, but not there.

I suppose in a way it's comparable to the ridiculous notion of healing for 28 days with one character. Even if you have healing spells yourself, the amount of time taken is still inordinately high.

Let's hope you have a previous save Grungi, as this sort of thing can really ruin the experience for you. If not, try the priestess as suggested.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:43 AM   #12
Grungi
Banned User

well the trap doesnt do 800 damage straight it does 1 damage every 5 seconds, but doesnt stop, so when you rest you take 800 because over 16 hours theres ALOT of 5 seconds [img]tongue.gif[/img] im not going to go into maths cos i cant be arsed to work out the figures but its probably 800 times [img]tongue.gif[/img]

another of my chars got hit by acid but the effects wore off fast , the char that did get hit has con of 18, and after the save i tried everything including going to that priestess but she had disappeared when i went back.

as i said before go to level 3 of dragons eye and find the floorboards across everywhere, then turn detect trap on and you will see for every floorboard section theres normally 2 traps, one of those roughly in the centre is the one i tripped, but as my other char shrugged the effects off im wondering if it was a bug, it just had me worried as hell that it would happen again so im moving half a step a time now with detect traps on [img]tongue.gif[/img] before i just sent my warrior around tripping everything and going "ha i have 100 health, give me your best shot" [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 01:30 PM   #13
Lavindathar
Harper

I believe my brother encountered this, and he spoke to someone at PlanetBG, and I think they had it down as a recognised bug. Don't worry.

Once you've got it, you have to reload to when you don't have it.
Old 01-17-2003, 07:16 AM   #14
Grungi
Banned User

or do what i did, and die horribly [img]tongue.gif[/img] then resurrect, damn why do i have to trip the bugs, wahahaha
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote