Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2001, 02:31 PM   #81
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by turbovee:
Sure thing LadyZ - "hurickol thunderous cherry dajimin" Oh and here's your straw, sorry I don't do melting fairy umbrellas. They ruin the essence of the drink and since they are rather hard to conjure right with the "Cristal" in them all you can get is a ripe cherry and a straw. But I'm sure that won't be a problem after one or two of these puppies

Hey no problem re fairy umbrellas. I had to bury mine last night, poor thing. What a terrible fate...

------------------
Old 04-28-2001, 02:32 PM   #82
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hi Amber! Yep the roof is done despite the no plans thing! Well its not sheeted but thats easy. On the cookie thing I never used to have any problem with having to type in my password. I have no idea where to find the cookie (cutter? haha)in my browser
Old 04-28-2001, 02:32 PM   #83
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Turbo, does that work for beer? If so I'd like to learn that trick! A qustion for any computer experts here-does adding RAM help out internet-wise or does it all depend on connection? I just added 128mg RAM (a pain in the ass I had to take half the computer apart)and its seems faster but it may all be in my head so I was just wondering.
Well, I'm no expert, but if you mean 'speed' then it's the means of connecting that matters. But if you mean help in not crashing/freezing from too much data being crammed into the poor pc, RAM is good! Actually more memory is always good in my book. I never added my own, though. I've got friends who have and sometimes their horror stories keep me awake....LOL...nah, not THAT bad, but bad enough!

CloudSage

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 04-28-2001, 02:35 PM   #84
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Hi Amber! Yep the roof is done despite the no plans thing! Well its not sheeted but thats easy. On the cookie thing I never used to have any problem with having to type in my password. I have no idea where to find the cookie (cutter? haha)in my browser
What browser you using, oh great Intoxogod?

No plans and still ok...well, you wizard, I'm impressed! You still gonna re-model my bsmt? Got lotsa laundry to do first...hehehe

Usually the cookies choice is under Preferences or Internet Options try going to HELP and asking about cookies

Cloudberry

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 04-28-2001, 02:42 PM   #85
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

i've got to go get some real food
Old 04-28-2001, 02:46 PM   #86
turbovee
Elminster

Quote:
Turbo, does that work for beer? If so I'd like to learn that trick! A qustion for any computer experts here-does adding RAM help out internet-wise or does it all depend on connection? I just added 128mg RAM (a pain in the ass I had to take half the computer apart)and its seems faster but it may all be in my head so I was just wondering.
Oh yes! I've been conjuring up my own "special" brews for quite some tme now. I offered one to Rude Dawg, but he never accepted. I guess Ladyrae hooked him up with that whole keg of Honey Mead and he went off to enjoy. Oh well, here have this one. As far as your internet RAM thing, RAM always helps. especially when bouncing back and forth between pages. Connection speed is the true factor though. regular phone modems can only tranfer 56K of info/ sec where as DSL or Cable modem can tranfer up to 512K /sec

------------------

The sexiest elf mage in the land
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease
Old 04-28-2001, 02:48 PM   #87
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Connection speed is what is important for net speed, but the RAM will help with your software that you use... You're noticing the benefits in your browser, email program, FTP clients, Newsreader, etc...

Here in Austin, you can get 128M for about $50 US right now...

It's a good time to upgrade...

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
Old 04-28-2001, 02:53 PM   #88
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Testing again.

Slackerboy, I went to your links, but the codes seem incomplete?

FIZZ

------------------
Old 04-28-2001, 02:54 PM   #89
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Amber I using the aol browser. I went to this website called pcpitstop.com and it tested my computer and I got a big red flag on RAM which is why I put more in. I now have 191mg RAM yay! It really wast hard, just plugs in. But getting to it was a pain lol. Had to take out the cd drives and some other stuff. But I havent gotten kicked offline like I was so somehow I think it helped!
I'll be right up to finish your basement! *edited*

[This message has been edited by Lord of Alcohol (edited 04-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Lord of Alcohol (edited 04-28-2001).]
Old 04-28-2001, 02:59 PM   #90
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Rudedawg it was $60 here from CompUSA. And yep your right about where things are working better!