Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2006, 09:29 AM   #61
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

As they made their way into the forest, she glanced around occasionally, trying to pick up tell-tale signs of a struggle or some hidden beast.

Wait for me, Rehan. Just a matter of days, and somehow he had grown on her, crept under her skin. A wry smile broke her hitherto pressed lips as she wondered about the consequences of another few weeks' of companionship with him.

But really, how could her thoughts stray at a moment like this? What self-respecting friend would commit such an act of frivolous irresponsibility at this point in time?

Angrily, she drew her longsword and followed Jared closely now, her breathing shallow to aid concealment.

"Whatever happens, remember to fend for yourself." The words came out tersely. I won't have another person on my conscience. "And if victory seems impossible, surrender or play dead for the moment." Her words were getting softer as they approached what seemed to be an even more secluded spot. "It is better to be alive and have hope, than to die with foolish bravado."

[ 06-20-2006, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:55 AM   #62
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The bandit camp

"What does it do fer me? Are ya that numb in tha head after I whopped ya? Listen up, Boy'O, yer filthy kind made a mistake years ago and that was leaving me fer dead to see what ye'd done to my family. Forced me to live on the street for years, all this time a scheming as to how I'd get ya back. This village curse is an answer to my prayers!

Now stop a whining so I can start hurting ya. Which body part should I cut off first?
"

The crazed man reached around on a table and grabbed a knife.

=================================================

Jared

"I brought myself into this, lady soldier...and if I die, my blood will not call forth from the ground against you. I am here to help my village. We've lost too many good people."

Jared led Acacia through what he felt was the safer path in this nasty forest, trying to stay in the dryer area until it was innevitable. When they reached the main body of the marshes, he stopped for a moment and listened. Nothing but normal wild life; mostly mosquitos. But there was a different smell in the air, mixed with the marshy stench.

He whispered.

"Do you smell that? I think I smell...wood smoke. Nothing could burn out here on its own..."

[ 06-20-2006, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 06-20-2006, 12:46 PM   #63
Leafblade

"Now uh... I don't think there's any reason to be cutting me up... If more troops keep disappearing that'll just bring more mercenaries then you can handle down here."

Rehan eyed the knife warily, realizing his life was in the hands of this crazy bandit. He was on his own again, just like before. The young man shivered suddenly and looked down at his chest. The pendant under his shirt was becoming unusually cold. Snapping his eyes back to the man, he vaguely wondered what it meant.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:24 PM   #64
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

For Rehan

The bandit did not appear to be listening to the bound soldier. He had been waiting too long for this day, the day he could spill the blood of those responsible for so much pain in his own life, and he would see his plan carried out starting now!

The four men that were gathered with him had similar stories, even if they were not innocent victims like he claimed to be. A couple had been captured and sent to prison, only to come out after their time had been served to find that they no longer had a family waiting for them. Another man's son had been a thief in the city and had been killed on-sight by the guard. The other man was a crook himself and just looked forward to fighting and killing, and to kill a soldier sounded good to him as any.

The man with the knife approached Rehan and glared at him...

"You have any prayers you wanna be saying before I start?"

OOC>>>Mistral! We gotta hurry!

[ 06-20-2006, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 06-20-2006, 06:50 PM   #65
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC: Ok, ok... but how??!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"Towards the wood-smoke then." She inhaled deeply, and began to pick up the trail of the odour, her feet skimming the earth as fast as she could without disturbing the surroundings.

Rehan...

Her heart was thumping with the same awful anticipation she had experienced on THAT fateful day.

I can't face another death right now... I won't...

Without looking back, she continued to infiltrate the woods deeper until at length, a open-front tent bounced into view. Instinct told her that the fledging was now seconds from death.

Holding her sword firmly, she charged forward, slashing at anything that moved in front of her.
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:00 PM   #66
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Jared watched the woman soldier take on a renewed drive to save her companion and she sped away through the swamps, sloshing and breaking twigs of dead trees all around. There was no sneaking in now, but there was also no time for dally. This might be the very reason why so many people were disappearing! Murderers hiding out in the swamps!

He ran to catch up to Acacia, hoping he'd know how to use this sword when the time came.

The sounds of shouting, splashing and all kinds of hooplah startled the men inside the camp, and the leader of this band of hooligans stopped in his advance with the knife. He looked back at the others, and they were already on their feet and out the tent door to face whatever was coming. The leader too left, leaving Rehan inside and bound.

Jared saw five men appear from the tent, all armed with swords themselves, and looking surprised to have been found. Jared did not know what to do. These guys knew how to fight with swords probably a lot better than he. He decided to slow down and cut behind a tree, not being seen since Acacia was so far ahead of him and screaming at the bandits in her thirst for their blood...

He realized that this would be a great chance if he stayed out of sight to work his way around behind the trees and brush and creep into the tent...while Acacia was busy keeping the bad guys busy. If luck was with them, her friend would be inside and would be able to help Acacia fight.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:59 PM   #67
Leafblade

Startled, the young man watched the bandit who almost claimed his life dash out of the tent. Thoughts rushed through his head on what could be happening outside the tent. Seconds later the sound of battle reached his ears, and he hoped it wasn't Acacia. If anything happens to her... Rehan struggled to remove the ropes that bound his arms, but failed miserably.

A woman's voice could be heard amongst the commotion of battle. Acacia... damnit Rehan, you have to get out of this... you can't lose her too because of your mistakes.

[ 06-20-2006, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Leafblade ]
Old 06-20-2006, 08:38 PM   #68
Leafblade

ooc: Mistral emailed me this to post for her during work. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Her eyes widened at the sight of five men emerging from the tent, each brandishing a sword and smirking at her. There was nothing for it, then, but to lure them away from the tent. And hopefully, the farmer would have enough brains to figure out for himself that his key task would be to save Rehan.

From that moment, there was no time for detailed planning as she retraced her steps quickly without turning, hoping that she would not trip over any roots or fallen branches. In this respect, the gods were kind, for miraculously she managed to retreat, all the while watching how the men moved.

When she had reached a distance reasonably away from the tent that would not rouse their suspicions of a decoy, she whipped out her side dagger and began to whirl around with both blades. No point doubting, Acacia. Just do it.

Ducking as the men retaliated with a few swings of their own, she heard the air hiss around her, thrusting out whenever she could find an opening. Amid the dodges and indignant cries, she felt a burning sensation but there was no time to wonder how serious her own injuries were. On she lashed out, sometimes tumbling away, and at other times delivering a swift kick at the closest attacker. Every second makes a difference. Was she imagining it, but the cries were getting fainter? The blurry images before her had ceased to disorientate her; as long as she was still standing. as long as the terror played havoc upon her nerves, as long as the dryness of her mouth irritated her, she was alive. And alive meant a chance of further survival.

Whatever it is, Rehan, run for your life! As her war-dance gyrated into a rhythm of its own, she could feel the beads of cold perspiration rolling down her temples and then soaking her armour. The remaining men – for it seemed that she had managed to incapacitate at least a couple of them – renewed their onslaught, and each moment brought back distant memories… memories of glorious, hope-filled days.

Then, she was Ariane again. Sparring with Justin and screaming when a group of bandits barged into their friendly duel. Heart bursting with ambition to show that she was worthy of him, she stabbed at the nearest assassin with such viciousness that Justin stood gaping momentarily. Sidestepping as a sword flung itself at her upper torso, she spun around and tore away at the approaching shadow with her longsword, turning away so that she would not have to acknowledge the grisly sight in front of her. The scene would eat away at him, she knew; he was the gentler of both of them, and he feared often that she would be tainted by violence. But what could one do, at sixteen and full of life? Half in denial, half in resentment, she continued to revenge upon the intruders. Would that they learn their lesson once and for all that she was not one to be bullied…

By now, her blades were dripping with fresh blood and she winced as she stumbled slightly facing the sole survivor of this latest encounter.

The real battle with the supposed leader of the gang had only just begun….
Old 06-20-2006, 10:54 PM   #69
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Jared had not taken time to watch the amazing display of the art of sword play, and busied himself at his attempt at stealthfully sneaking into the tent, hoping that no bad guy had been left in there. All he saw was a bound guard. He was young, from the looks of it.

"I'm Jared. We're here to rescue you."

Jared used his short sword to cut the bindings of the guard and asked, "Do you have a blade?" and held his out for the man to take should he need it. "Hurry! Acacia can use some help out there!"
Old 06-20-2006, 11:13 PM   #70
Leafblade

"Thanks for saving my neck, and no, I don't have a blade." Taking the sword the farmer offered him, he wondered who this man was, but had no time to think on it, Acacia was in danger. "Rehan." He called behind him to the man as he rushed out of the tent.

Rehan stared wide-eyed at the fallen bodies before Acacia. The woman had managed to kill four of them on her own, leaving just one man left. Breeching the distance between himself and the bandit, Rehan shoved his blade through the man's back while he was occupied with Acacia, not caring if it was 'fair' or cowardly.

A horrible noise escaped the bandit's mouth as he crumpled to the ground, adding his own blood to the mixture of earth and fluids his comrades had left. The blade was forgotten in the bandit's back as Rehan rushed over to Acacia. She was wounded and appeared to be in a daze. Placing his hand on her shoulder, he said her name softly, letting concern cover his face. "Are you ok? You took out four men on your own and you're bleeding. We need to get you back to town."

[ 06-20-2006, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: Leafblade ]