Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2003, 08:07 PM   #1
Athranq
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Greetings again folks,

I believe I am coming close to the end-game. I'm in Chapter 6, having just retrieved a certain something from a certain lady and am due to return it to its rightful owners so they can find their way home. Before I leave the city, I'm assuming for the last time, I want to clean house and finish everything off and was wondering about the various noble houses I've never been sent to in the Government district (and one in the Bridge district IIRC).

Obviously I'm tempted to just wander in, slaughter the inhabitants, and take their belongings (exercising my birthright, dammit!) but was wondering if I should have a legitimate excuse for such trespass (i.e. a quest or such).

The only major quest area I've avoided is anything to do with the Order of the Radiant Heart. With an evil party, I want nothing to do with those scum, and have thus not even set foot in the building.

Any thoughts or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

'Ranq
Old 05-05-2003, 08:58 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

With an Evil party, why should you even care about justifying your actions? Murder and pillage the entire city if you want to, and why should the Paladins be spared your wrath? You can always clean your boots afterwards.
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 10:55 PM   #3
Athranq
Elite Waterdeep Guard

/nod

Yeah, I don't need a justification given I was born with one, BUT...

Like most "evil" people, my party doesn't regard themselves as evil - despite what the universe says (&ltBoomingVoice&gtTHOU ART NEUTRAL EVIL!&lt/BoomingVoice&gt). Even the greater public views them as heroic (reputation fluctuates between 16 and 18). There is no conflict here as a positive public perception of the party make life easier ("There's nothing noble about struggle").

I've found it's entirely possible to maintain a high reputation without compromising my self-serving motivations ("If I help this guy, I'll end up better off"). Also, I keep Minsc around because he amuses me. He thinks I'm such a joker because I speak to people like they are dirt or project moral attitudes *obviously* contrary to my true nature.

So, indiscriminate killing is not really my style. How would it serve me to perform door-to-door home invasions for the whole city? As far as my party is concerned, all that would do would be to destroy the carefully garnered goodwill. I also don't need the cash - I'm dripping with gold. My party is after power (temporal and divine). What good is power if there is no-one left to exercise it over?

What I suppose I am asking therefore, is whether I've missed anything major in the city. Why are there so many noble houses I have never been to. I can only think of two I've been sent to (the Jysstev estate, or whatever, for Sir Sarles and once more for Jan, and another noble house whose name escapes me to frame the Shadow Thieves for Bodhi).

Maybe the question's too broad but thought I'd put it out here before resorting to walkthroughs (to ward against accidental discoveries while browsing).

Thanks again.

'Ranq
Old 05-05-2003, 11:17 PM   #4
Grammar
Zhentarim Guard

Before I give some spoilers, I must say to me you sound a bit more Lawful Evil, than Neutral Evil, but that's just me

Spoilers
~
~
~(Not exactly excellent at spelling these names btw)
Delryn House: Related to Anomen Quest.
Saerk Farrahd: Related to Anomen Quest.
Jysstev House: Related to Cleric Quest, Jan Jansen
Roenall (Not labelled on minimap? I forget): Related to Nalia
Firecam Estate: Related to Keldorn
Many miscellaneous buildings: Not related to anything
Grammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 11:48 PM   #5
Athranq
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Many thanks Grammar, that sort of tallies as I dismissed Anomen and *cough* dispatched Keldorn as soon as I met them (no experience for Keldorn btw!) and only kept Nalia as long as was necessary to gain control of her lands.

Methinks I will be paying some of them a visit. Maybe the Roenalls will make me a better offer...

You are right also about the Lawful Evil leanings. That would have been my preferred alignment but it was not an option as a Beserker. Thus, I took Neutral Evil and added a silent "with Lawful tendencies".

Thanks again.

'Ranq
Old 05-06-2003, 12:26 AM   #6
Grammar
Zhentarim Guard

Additions to the "Housing Index" [img]smile.gif[/img]
I've tried to keep this relatively spoiler free, but be warned anyway.
If you need additional info on one of these places (except that cursed Blathis Estate...) let me know.
Spoilers
~
~
~
Fennecia's Home - Related to Cernd Quest
Cernd's Former Home - Related to Cernd (duh)
Valygar's Home - Related to Valygar/Cowled Wizards
Prebek's Home - Related to Harpers
Cromwell's Home - Related to certain good items
Galvery Estate - Related to Harpers
Rayic Gethras' Home - Related to Shadow Thieves (Mae'Var)
Borinall's Home - Related to Cleric Quest
The Jansen Home - Related to Jan Jansen (duh)
Gaelen Bayle - I presume you need no help here [img]smile.gif[/img]
Derelict Home (Slums) - Related to Jaheira's Curse
Balthis Estate (Bridge District) - ??? Any help here would be appreciated [img]smile.gif[/img] Info I've gathered: He works on behalf of the Council of Six.
Tanner Shop - Related to Skinner Murders
Derelict Home (Bridge) - Related to Cleric Quest/(Illithium)
Deril Estate - Related to Cernd Quest
Vulova Estate - Related to Shadow Thieves' Counterpart
Pimlico Estate - Related to Korgan's Quest
Guarded Compound (Complex? Whatever it's called) - Related to nice Katana (incompletely tied in with Slavers, I believe)

That's what I just picked up on a quick run through Amn.
Note: I haven't figured anything out with the Blathis estate, but I DID discover that killing everyone in the Council of Six Building just leaves Corgeig Axehead, a bit of a warrior type, and Llarsh, an obnoxious clerk, standing there, not caring.
Old 05-06-2003, 01:28 AM   #7
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Athranq:
Methinks I will be paying some of them a visit.
Some of these places will be partially or fully inaccessible because you don't have certain people in your party. (You can't enter Anomen's house, for example, but you can still torture the poor servant outside the Delryn estate still loyal to Cor Delryn by Imprisoning him deep within the earth. Note that this would be cheating if you don't have ToB. [img]tongue.gif[/img] However, pissing him off, dragging him out into the so-called "Government Park" area, and turning him into a statue is possible to do with SoA, and should be done. Before my CDs Dimension Doored out of here, I had a nice field of statues in the Government District. The clerics of whats-her-name, Viconia, some nobles, some guards, Jan, pretty much anyone on hand. Then I CLUAed in some pheasants and said "Have fun, guys!" Remind me to post a cap when I'm not avoiding work so busy.)
Old 05-06-2003, 09:34 AM   #8
Grammar
Zhentarim Guard

Hrm Pirengle... I thought you could access his house by just walking through the door? I could've sworn I told Anomen I was evil in the Copper Coronet, he stalked off, I went to his home, we fought, he died.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:45 AM   #9
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Ahh, poor man that Anomen...
BTW, I have never tried to find him in the estate.. Have to pay him a visit someday.. use for targeting practice. Or just hold him and slay his father and then walk away. Held chars stay aware of all the things around them [img]smile.gif[/img]

Used to steal all the goods from all the houses i didn't find a reason for being on the map [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-06-2003, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: TaSSaDaR ]