Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2003, 04:23 PM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I'm doing the Anomen romance, and I know the next lovetalk is the one where he goes to have his test. We're kind of hanging around waiting for it because I don't want to get engrossed in a big quest (doing the unseeing eye next) and have to leave in the middle for the radiant heart. I'd like to know about how long it is between lovetalks so how long I should expect to wait. It's been about 36 hours game time since the last time we talked. However, IIRC the Jaheira one works on real time not game time, but I don't know about the Anomen one.

Also, I remember vaguely a clua command that triggered the next lovetalk so you could just do the romance all at once. Does anyone know how that works?

Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2003, 04:51 PM   #2
masteraleph
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
I'm doing the Anomen romance, and I know the next lovetalk is the one where he goes to have his test. We're kind of hanging around waiting for it because I don't want to get engrossed in a big quest (doing the unseeing eye next) and have to leave in the middle for the radiant heart. I'd like to know about how long it is between lovetalks so how long I should expect to wait. It's been about 36 hours game time since the last time we talked. However, IIRC the Jaheira one works on real time not game time, but I don't know about the Anomen one.

Also, I remember vaguely a clua command that triggered the next lovetalk so you could just do the romance all at once. Does anyone know how that works?

Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
IIRC, all the romances are real time based. Actually, your easiest way is to leave the computer sitting around for a while. When you go out for the day, just leave BG2 up.

It's also possible that the testing guy won't come in a dungeon- I'm not sure about that, but most of the lovetalks won't occur in dungeons, and I'm pretty sure the unseeing eye is classified as a dungeon. So try being outside somewhere.

Oh, and about the command- there is one, but I'm blanking on what it is (unless you meant CTRL I, which will initiate dialog, but only if it's applicable- and if you haven't waited the time, it won't be applicable). Alternatively, there's a variable of the AnomenRomance variety, I'm blanking on its name exactly, which should have a high number. This is the start time on the timer- setting it to 1 should initiate the dialog quickly. It's easier to do in shadowkeeper though, although you'd have to exit the game to do so.
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 08:40 PM   #3
Kismet
Elite Waterdeep Guard

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("AnomenRomance","GLOBAL",1) That will expire the timer so the next LT can run.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:23 AM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Kismet:
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("AnomenRomance","GLOBAL",1) That will expire the timer so the next LT can run.
Oh that's great [img]smile.gif[/img] . Now [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I forget how to use CLUAConsole - what do I press so I can put in the command?

Also, some lovetalks are triggered by sleeping. If the next LT is a sleeping one, if I use the clua command then sleep, will it come up then?
Old 12-18-2003, 08:47 AM   #5
Kismet
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You hit ctrl-space to bring up the CLUAConsole. And yes, if there are other requirements besides the timer then you need to meet those as well.
Old 12-18-2003, 03:29 PM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Great, thanks mate [img]smile.gif[/img]