Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2004, 09:14 AM   #1
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

Can some of our great guitar experts of Ironworks upload some files of them playing? I'd like to hear some other people playing, tired of the people I live around, they play the same thing over and over again... I'm currently trying to perfect Master of Puppets... so far I can get up until the part where both guitarist are playing the first solo.. I need someone else to learn the other part so we can get that dual sound... yes... awesome... *drulz* anyways, I want to hear some other people too, so if you would, enlighten my ears... whether you're good or not, I'd like to hear [img]smile.gif[/img] If you'd like, I could try to make my mic work, and record myself, but I'd need help with uploading it.. I don't know how...
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Old 03-20-2004, 09:48 AM   #2
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

You want electric or acustic?

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Old 03-20-2004, 10:22 AM   #3
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

Do you need the solo where James starts out in a Em? Or Kirk's solo right afterward?

James' solo would be the one that starts at around 3:35 and Kirk's starts at 3:55, I'm assuming you want Kirk's b/c that's the only one with 2 guitars. I could make a video of myself playing it if you want, but I can only get my camera to record 30 seconds of it, anyone know how to get things recorded onto a tape onto a computer?
Old 03-20-2004, 12:25 PM   #4
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

I like acoustic and electric, acoustic's nice for calmer songs and songs with chords, like full chords, and as for Malavon, I'd like that, that'd be awesome... can you play the other one too? the one that I wont be able to play for some time now...? at 5 minutes and 42 seconds into the song, it goes like:
-17-12----------12-17-12----------
-------13-12-13----------13-12-13-
---------------------------------- (oh and by the way)
---------------------------------- (that solo is like)
---------------------------------- (28 seconds long so)
---------------------------------- (I think it fits )
or something like that, its not the notes really, cause that's easy to reach, its just playing them at the speed you're supposed to... and accurately... its extremely fast... I need to see that some other guy can play that, besides Metallica.. lol

[ 03-20-2004, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Black Dragon ]
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Old 03-20-2004, 12:59 PM   #5
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dragon:
I like acoustic and electric, acoustic's nice for calmer songs and songs with chords, like full chords, and as for Malavon, I'd like that, that'd be awesome... can you play the other one too? the one that I wont be able to play for some time now...? at 5 minutes and 42 seconds into the song, it goes like:
or something like that, its not the notes really, cause that's easy to reach, its just playing them at the speed you're supposed to... and accurately... its extremely fast... I need to see that some other guy can play that, besides Metallica.. lol
Lol, well I can't play the one at 5 mintues and 42 seconds one but I can play the one at 3:55, I don't know when I can get around to do it (i could do it soon though so don't worry) but when I do I'd be glad to send it to you via msn or some other messenger.

As for someone else who can play that solo, if you get on kazaa or something like that, look for a "Sum 41 Metallica Medley", in this video you get to see the one guy from Sum 41 play the solo that starts at 5:42. It's from the Metallica Icon tribute.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:18 PM   #6
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dragon:
Yes, Metallica rules!! Greatest. Band. Ever. Anyways, that's cool man, i wish I had some/any ability with music, but i dont. Speak of the devil, Im listening to "Until it Sleeps," right now. Have I mentioned I love Metallica?! (crosses to corner and shivers in fetal position, mumbling about the four horsemen.) [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2004, 09:48 PM   #7
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

Luv metallica... *drulz* luv them... yes... luv... but!! I saw a nice 7string at this music store they other day... I want.. yes... smine... I want to buy it... and play it... and buy it... yes.... *drulz* Anyone here play a 7string?
Old 03-22-2004, 01:49 PM   #8
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
(catches same sickness) (drools).... Tallica....(drools)...Gerbils!