Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2003, 01:15 PM   #51
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
actually acoording to him his freind just used his computer which had his pass saved in windows temporary files and thats how he got into his e-mail, + all he needed was his adress really, and if hew as his friend then that was easy for him to obtain. The part that manwholikesgames wasn't able to determine was why his freind held a grudge against Ironworks, for all he knew this was a place for fun. He said he wanted to appologize for his friend's comments, and though usually mistaken identiy things seem like hoaxes I think this is a case where his freind really ripped off his e-mail, unfortunetly I have no idea who the freind is, next time I see him onilne i'll ask him for his freind's e-mail adress and if he knows this guy's Ironworks login name, if I get anything "criminalizing" i'll PM or e-mail it to a mod. K?
Yes this would be a smart/wise move. But then again his friend could appologize and not manhwolikesgames. He thinks he is safe behind the computer screen but he doesn`t realises that Choc has eyes and ears everywhere. So his friend is doomed. No one is safe from Choc i tell you,no one!
Old 06-20-2003, 01:15 PM   #52
Faceman
Hathor

I think you're all missing the point.
Trolling on IWF seems to be more hassle to the troll than to the members.
When manwholikesgames began his rampage some people replied slightly amused, maybe a bit annoyed but most did not reply AT ALL thus not feeding him. We knew it was just a matter of time before his IP would be annihilated by the mighty Choc and we won't be bugged anymore.
If he was still is around as an IWF member I don't care as long as he doesn't troll around.
If he does it will only take a few minutes before he's fighting (you call that a fight? I call that slaughter!) the mighty Choc in his pit
[img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img]
and gets beaten away again. And I seriously don't think he's able to produce posts other than "YoU aRe aLl sVcH s*Ck*rS!$_?".

edit: never made so much typos before - aargh maybe I'm manwholikesgames without my knowledge - like Dr. Jacket and Mr. Hide - wait was that another typo - HEEEEEEELP

[ 06-20-2003, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: Faceman ]
Old 06-20-2003, 01:20 PM   #53
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
I think you're all missing the point.
Trolling on IWF seems to be more hassle to the troll than to the members.
When manwholikesgames began his rampage some people replied slightly amused, maybe a bit annoyed but most did not reply AT ALL thus not feeding him. We knew it was just a matter of time before his IP would be annihilated by the mighty Choc and we won't be bugged anymore.
If he was still is around as an IWF member I don't care as long as he doesn't troll around.
If he does it will only take a few minutes before he's fighting (you call that a fight? I call that slaughter!) the mighty Choc in his bit and gets beaten away again. And I seriously don't think he's able to produce posts other than "YoU aRe aLl sVcH s*Ck*rS!$_?".
You are probably right. His IQ is eqvivalent to room temerature in snow-house on Alaska with opened window...
Old 06-22-2003, 02:15 PM   #54
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
like Dr. Jacket and Mr. Hide - wait was that another typo - HEEEEEEELP
Jacket And Hide? Is that just one co-incidental typo or am i just being stupid? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Do you mean Jekyll And Hyde? Or is it different for you usa folk? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Or am I just being silly
Old 06-22-2003, 02:26 PM   #55
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
Jacket And Hide? Is that just one co-incidental typo or am i just being stupid? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Do you mean Jekyll And Hyde? Or is it different for you usa folk? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Or am I just being silly?
No, it is not different for us "usa folk" who know the works of Robert Louis Stevenson, and yes, you are being silly. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2003, 07:18 AM   #56
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The best way to treat a troll? Ignore him. Pretend he doesn't exist. Trolls hate being treated like they're invisible. Carry on the conversation like his posts aren't there. Do you step on dogcrap in the street? Or do you step over or around it?

Eventually someone will come around and clean all that crap up.

Old 06-23-2003, 07:20 AM   #57
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

A reasonble advice...thanks
Old 06-23-2003, 07:22 AM   #58
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
Jacket And Hide? Is that just one co-incidental typo or am i just being stupid? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Do you mean Jekyll And Hyde? Or is it different for you usa folk? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Or am I just being silly
Of course you are. Faceman isn't even from the USA, and he was deliberately misspelling. Now have you actually read Stevenson's story or are you just trying to be a smartass?
Old 06-23-2003, 07:46 AM   #59
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
The best way to treat a troll? Ignore him. Pretend he doesn't exist. Trolls hate being treated like they're invisible. Carry on the conversation like his posts aren't there. Do you step on dogcrap in the street? Or do you step over or around it?

Eventually someone will come around and clean all that crap up.
Yep. I removed every single post he made. it's like he never existed.
I was baaaad, I email him, telling him to go kill himself, he's wasting peoples Oxygen. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Trolls are children or guys between 13-17 and usually did something stupid ANYWAY on the forum before, and got smacked down for it, and now are in a hissy-fit crying 'f-u' 'u-suck' type drivel. It's actually funny to read, I don't get mad at it, hell, it's funny to see someone act like a fool, and do it PUBLICLY!

And for an update, This piticular troll was not from China, but Canada. And he was real foolish, he registered PREVIOUS accounts--one with his REAL email address, and I have a nice bio on him now. Even emailed him at the OTHER address. I'm sure it scared the living shit out of him! HAHA!

I combined most of the posts in a txt file, and emailed them to his ISP.

Choc says: [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] NEXT?!?!?!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 06-23-2003, 07:52 AM   #60
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Deal. Let's visit him and remember to bring a scroll of Melf's Acid Arrow. just to be sure he doesn't respawn.
Shit... I'd GATE his ass. screw arrows.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album