Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2003, 09:49 AM   #21
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
Well he is an engineer and the worst thing you can say to an engineer is, "I bet you can't do that." lol.
LMAO, I love that statement!!

I think this guys point is that we need to push the government to realize that it doesn't take hundreds of thousands of dollars to pull off a terrorist act. 9/11 should have opened their eyes up to that (by they I mean our gov't), but I think that unfortunately, we as a nation tend to have a short memory and maybe we've forgotten how little money it actually cost the hijackers to pull off that horrid attack.
That being said, if this guy doesn't think the gov'ts keeping tabs on him now that he's published this on the web, he's a moron.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:24 AM   #22
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Just a point of accuracy here...he was creating a cruise missile not an ICBM and not a weapon of Mass destruction...and his stated payload is only about 20 pounds...enough to blow up a car...but not a block.
20 lbs is more then enough for an aerial dispersion of bio/chem weapons though. Which is a big part of the point he is trying to make.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:19 PM   #23
Tancred
White Dragon

A curious thought. Doesn't the fact that this guy has this site up and running, stating very clearly how easy it is for terrorists to build home-made weapons of destruction (mass or otherwise)... kind of make him a terrorist? After all, a big factor of terrorism is the actual terror you cause.
Old 05-29-2003, 12:12 AM   #24
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

He said 2 . 2 pounds not 20 pounds. 2 . 2 pounds of C-4 would take out a house but 20 pounds would bring down the empire state building and if you ask me that guy is out of his F-ing Mind to even think about posting this stuff! Can you say Jail time is his next project and how to excape with 2 . 2 ounces of brain.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:04 AM   #25
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
He said 2 . 2 pounds not 20 pounds. 2 . 2 pounds of C-4 would take out a house but 20 pounds would bring down the empire state building and if you ask me that guy is out of his F-ing Mind to even think about posting this stuff! Can you say Jail time is his next project and how to excape with 2 . 2 ounces of brain.
No he said:
"A 10 kilogram warhead isn't going to do much in the way of damage"
Yes, thankfully this is true. Remember that the object of this project is not to provide a blueprint for would-be terrorists, simply to offer the proof that this type of craft is indeed a practical reality. However, for a more sobering fact, read this Reuters story published on the CNN website to see just how much damage even a 1Kg (2.2lbs) payload could represent if deployed from an aerial platform.

As for jail time I believe he is in New Zealand. It may be hard to really get him on anything as all the knowledge he is using is public domain.