Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2003, 03:28 PM   #1
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Question Mark

Anyone here ever watch the show ? When I was 13 I got to meet Peter Davidson and Tom Baker at convention here in Tampa. It was rather interesting seeing people dressed up as the various villians and the Drs from the series. It was the one show that I can remeber that we got to stay up late for and watch during the school week. I always wanted one of those phone booths (did I say that [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] I meant to say Police box +hangs head low in shame+

[ 04-04-2003, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Elif Godson ]
Old 04-02-2003, 04:50 PM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Showing my age, but I first started watching back in the Troughton era [img]smile.gif[/img] . Pertwee was probably the Doctor that I grew up with though.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:05 PM   #3
wellard
Dracolisk

Pertwee and Tom Baker for me [img]smile.gif[/img] I also thought at the time it was way better than star treck, but time has been kinder to star treck than to doctor who imo.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 04-03-2003, 12:00 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Yep... used to watch the show, and many years ago, in high school, partnered up with a fellow time lord addict for a class assignment. We had to write a story, so we each wrote half of a Doctor Who story. Covered the Doctor going through a regeneration, who happened to be the likeness of our literature teacher. And to make it fun, we had something go wrong in the TARDIS so that there were two identical doctors... one "good" and one "yucky". Chris took the doctor through an adventure to the point where he regenerated, and I picked it up from there.

Met Nyssa, IIRC, at a convention in Lansing, MI some years back. I remember it because my car died horribly on the trip back. Life was not good.

Grew up with Tom Baker ("All teeth and curls"). Didn't much care for the Doctors after him.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:28 AM   #5
Donut
Jack Burton

*cough*William Hartnell*cough*
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 04-03-2003, 07:19 AM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
I vaguely remember some Hartnell, but that was when I was bout 4 or 5, and watching Dr Who was like taking your pillow out to the lounge room and ducking under it every time a cyberman or Dalek shot at someone
Old 04-03-2003, 07:25 AM   #7
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
I vaguely remember some Hartnell, but that was when I was bout 4 or 5, and watching Dr Who was like taking your pillow out to the lounge room and ducking under it every time a cyberman or Dalek shot at someone [/QUOTE]My favourite spot was behind the settee.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 04-03-2003, 07:56 AM   #8
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The couch was always a great substitute if you couldn't find your pillow. I just wish my mum hadn't turned it (the TV) off on me so much when I was a kid

Two episodes that stories that stick in my mind were the first cyberman one (10th Planet) and the 2nd Yeti one that was the first one with the Brigadier ("Web" I think)
Old 04-03-2003, 09:32 AM   #9
Elif Godson
Dracolich

The good ole days of the Doctor [img]smile.gif[/img] I hated those Dileks and there automated voices.
Old 04-03-2003, 01:02 PM   #10
quietman1920

...couldn't resist!

[link]http://www.dwwa.net/dr4/Genesis/Daleks.wav[/link]