Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2003, 03:42 PM   #21
homer
Manshoon

The weather lately has been extremely cold, where I live. I do not go to work in the mornings and my wife dose. I get out of bed 20 minutes before she has to leave and go out in the freezing cold to start her car for her. That way she can just get in and go. The nicest part of this story, for me, is that every day when she comes home, she remembers to thank me. That makes me smile
Old 01-28-2003, 05:10 PM   #22
Moiraine
Anubis

I feel good tonight - for many friends of mine have posted in this thread ! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2003, 05:36 PM   #23
Melusine
Dracolisk

Great idea for a thread Masklinn, just what we needed at this point. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Well, I'll add my own little bit of joy to the topic then.
I haven't told a lot of people because it's still not certain things are going to work out, but after having been unable to study for two years due to a chronic illness, I've started filling in the forms to go back to school. I'm not cured of the illness yet, and going through a very rough time for other reasons, but I'm having good hopes that I'll finally be able to do a bit more than I used to be able to. I've already started writing the first few lines of a new essay (I study English Literature) and just today I re-applied for my student's grant. Very eager to start going to university again and being less tired and in less pain. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2003, 05:49 PM   #24
WillowIX
Apophis

What a wonderful idea Masklinn. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I got my transfer to the PW approved which is great news to me. Jackie is down with the mumps so she´s staying at home now for a week or two to keep me company. OK perhaps that isn´t good news but I get to have her around all day long! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2003, 06:13 PM   #25
Epona
Zartan

Masklinn, great thread!

My parrot was 'singing' all afternoon. Sounds like a little thing, but it always puts a smile on my face. He stretches out his neck, his pupils dilate and contract rapidly, he opens his beak, and sings this beautiful haunting single drawn-out note, then another about a semitone higher, then back to the first note again. It's beautiful in its simplicity and I love it that although he talks and whistles he still sings his natural birdsong too.

And I'm getting one of my scooters up to London at the weekend YAY! No more tube journeys for me, I hate the things, especially since there was a derailment last saturday.
Old 01-28-2003, 06:40 PM   #26
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Masklinn, I am happy for the simple things today.

The cool crisp air, the feeling of life itself and it's seasonal changes. If I can see my breath outside, I know the cold is helping preserve my body..

Good to meet you!
Old 01-28-2003, 08:57 PM   #27
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

We got snow last week!
Old 01-28-2003, 10:24 PM   #28
lucius
Dungeon Master

I picked up my marks in school and know have a 62 average instead of a 51
Old 01-28-2003, 10:27 PM   #29
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by lucius:
I picked up my marks in school and know have a 62 average instead of a 51
Fantastic Lucius!

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-29-2003, 03:00 AM   #30
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Masklinn, great thread! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
I just got off the phone to a friend of mine who's been in a job she hates for the past decade. She's a battler who's had a pretty tough life.
Late last year she started doing work experience for a big pet supply store, in the hope of getting regular weekend work there.

After the Christmas/New Year break she was dreading going back to her regular job, and handed in her notice the first day back. Last week, one of the regulars at the pet store left and the owner asked my friend when her last day of her job was..."Tuesday" - "Great, Can you start full time on wednesday?"

She is so happy! This just filled me with joy.

Also her and her partner's puppy is the brother of our puppy. We own the mother too and my in-laws own the father. When they all get together, it is such a funny sight - 4 little Cavalier King Charles' all running around together!