Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2002, 05:12 PM   #21
andrewas
Harper

Chipping kids? Good idea if and only if you can trust the people with access to the data. Lets see - parents? How many times this year alone have we read about someone killing there own children? Police? Not perfect either. Who else is there that could have access? Government. NO.
Old 09-03-2002, 05:15 PM   #22
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

no, it would be "for their own safety" bah! of COURSE the goverment would use it.. I could SWEAR that this country's GRADUALLY becoming comunist. kinda. but not in the same way as russia. Big brother imo IS a form of comunism.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:18 PM   #23
SomeGuy
Unicorn

What if there was a bug in the chip that caused it to spark and burst into flames!There would be another answer for SHC! (Spontanius(sp) Human Combustion)
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 09-03-2002, 06:21 PM   #24
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
From the title I thought this was about throwing kids into a wood-chipper. Woops! My mistake! Does anyone know if there is a forum for that though? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
www.kidsinwoodchippers.com
Old 09-03-2002, 06:33 PM   #25
Hesperex

yea ..it's called Blairism [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]

Old 09-03-2002, 06:37 PM   #26
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

lol; someone make a poll; "Chipin in Children: good or bad?" [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2002, 06:58 PM   #27
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I can see it now...

6 Parents...

3 Families...

3 hormonoally driven teens...

"Hey bill do you know where suzie is?"

"Hey tom do you know where Danny is?"

"Hey Dan do you know where Jonny is?"

All three at once: "I dunnow hun, but let's check on our GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM!"

All three wives at once: "Yeah! That's a swell idea!"

*click veeeeee* *static on screen tunes into war-like gridmap of streets and housing areas, zooms in on a tracker chip...

*telephone rings*

"Yello?"

"Hey Bill... This is Tom, What coordanents are your daughter at?"

"Um... 375 degrees north by 25 degreas east..."

"SWEET JESUS!"

"What?"

"YOUR DAUGHTER'S CHIP IS ON MY SON'S CHIP!"

"EXCUSE ME! BUT I THINK YOU MEAN THAT YOU'RE SON'S CHIP IS ON TOP OF MY DAUGHTER'S CHIP!"

*both hang up phones in anger*

*phone rings again*

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?"

"Bill? Sorry this is Dan... What coordanents are your daughter at?"

"375 degrees north by 25 degreas east! And Don't worry Tom's Kid's already at those-"

"HAIL MARY SWEET MOTHER OF..."

"WHAT?!?!?"

"YOUR DAUGHTERS CHIP IS ON MY SON'S CHIP!!!"

@_@
Old 09-03-2002, 07:04 PM   #28
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

bah! no, I think within ten years they'll make it LAW, and have them inplanted into babies... they'll grow up thinking its the "norm"... ... ... and these "children" they'll say "yes" because "mummy wants me too" bah! They're too young to understand... yeah, they hit 16... they find a gf or bf.. and well, the usual things happen. bah!. "Knock knock" the parents find them both naked. both SETS of parents. is that privacy? is that human rights? no, I think not. To hell with them. You can still be abucted, it'll lead ppl into a false sense of security; becuase they'll think their children are SAFE because they KNOW where they are.... you know what'll they do next?... they'll combine em with credit cards, well, within a few years, and maybe that'll get rid of the need for retinal scanners... scary thought no?

[ 09-03-2002, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 09-03-2002, 07:28 PM   #29
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
From the title I thought this was about throwing kids into a wood-chipper. Woops! My mistake! Does anyone know if there is a forum for that though? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
You can see the best site at www.woodchipkids'r'us.com
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-03-2002, 10:42 PM   #30
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
yum...chips.
I guess....if it was done willfully by the child. After all, that is what it's about, right? The child's comfort?
Actually no, it is being considered for their safety which is quite something else. Someone mentioned that it wouldnt stop the abduction...which is true, but it certainly does mean that the kid will be located instantly if abducted. Yeah the perv might actually be able to read and understand technology and might try and dig it out....but that could be mitigated by lack of time and the fact that there may be other factors decreasing the amount of time he has to work...all in all it will not prevent a determined abductor, but it is one more deterent/obstacle.