Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2001, 10:23 AM   #11
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Moni--

Your cat's are so adorable! I have two myself (the max that my apartment will allow ) I am glad you found a new home for "E V"!

I think my grandparents still hold the record for most cats (at least that I have seen). Last count my grandfather took was 53 They started with 5 cats about 7-8 years ago. Put them in an old barn and fed them leftovers from meals every day and **POOF** now they own the barn....and the funny part is, my grandfather is the only one that can go near them. If anyone else goes out to the barn, the cats scatter and hide, but my grandfather goes out there and they all come out and purr and rub his leg. I truly think it is the only thing that has kept my grandfather going these last couple of years

Thanks Moridin!
Wow! I thought we were bad with ten!
I can see though having lots in a barn...all of ours are indoor/outdoor kitties with their own access to the outside through our back door.
Bubba is exclusively Grandpa's cat and sits in his lap for the most part of every day. He even sleeps at Grandpa's feet at night. I truly believe that without him around, Grandpa would not do as well as he does having him as such a personal pet. Hillary, when she stays indoors, hangs with Grandpa too, as does Maggie. he raised them all (including William) from kittens. I just recently found an old photo album with pics of them as babies in it but I gave it to Rex's mom. I should borrow and scan the pics.

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 07-03-2001).]

Old 07-03-2001, 10:27 AM   #12
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Doesn't that make Sweety-Pie a Chinchilla? (I want him, I want him...! What a shame you live so far away! The temptation is to theft is too distant.. )

LOL I have never equated him to a Chinchilla! I don't know that I have ever even seen a Chinchilla that wasn't a coat! You know a little over a year ago, I would have gladly shipped him to you.
Now you'll have to pay a pretty penny to come get him yourself!
You will of course, have to steal him LOL! He is our resident sweetheart.

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 07-04-2001).]

Old 07-03-2001, 09:27 PM   #13
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Glad your kitten found a nice home I myself grew up around cats, as my mom had many. She'd have "outside" cats and "inside" cats (which were never allowed outside, her "elite" group LOL). At one time we had a good 30 cats, all named and everything. Many people also would drop off stray kittens at our house, knowing my mom loved cats, so that is how we accummulated so many LOL. Gawd I have tons of cat stories/memories! But the one thing, amongst many things, that I learned is that every cat truly is an individual, they each have different personalities the same way we do, all according to their life's experiences.

Moni, all your cats are completely adorable, I especially like Boo..
Old 07-04-2001, 02:58 AM   #14
Moni

Thanks Ladyzekke!
I am glad you got to experience "the cat thing" growing up lol!
At my mother's house, we had 14 at one time. She took them all out to a farm while we were at school one day and the only one that ended up staying there was the one we always thought to be the most stupid of the bunch. Turned out we were all wrong.

Boo (not named for the hamster lol) is my absolute favorite of all the cats. He was hours away from death not long after I caught him and I spent two weeks shoving pills down his throat to rid him of internal parasites. I am "his human" and he never lets a day go by without hopping in my lap for love and snuggles.

Moni

------------------