Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2002, 08:11 PM   #1
Animal
Gold Dragon

Okay guys,

I'm thinking about picking this up but it's $85CDN so I want to know if there's any major problems (readool of Radiance 2). I've got an Athlon XP 1800+, GF3 TI500, SB Live!, 2 WD80GB in Raid 0 and Via kt266a chipset so I have no problems from the hardware side, but I don't want to buy a game that's going to give my headaches trying to get it up and running. If you've got some experience I'd appreciate your opinions on the quality of the game. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-23-2002, 08:17 PM   #2
zlandar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Your hardware should let you run the game without any hiccups. Besides the rare crash back to Windows (rare meaning after 5+ hours of continuous play), it's very stable. Two thumbs up for Bioware fighting the trend of pushing half-baked crap out the door before it's ready *cough* Pool of Radiance 2 *cough* 3D0 *cough*
zlandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 08:23 PM   #3
Animal
Gold Dragon

Thanks man, I was one of those poor fools who had their system baked by POR2. I'm a little nervous about new games and apps now!
Old 06-23-2002, 10:03 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
Thanks man, I was one of those poor fools who had their system baked by POR2. I'm a little nervous about new games and apps now!
Yeah, I remember posting the Warning on my News area of Ironworks, and UBISoft emailed be PLEADING for me to remove it, as they we're "Working on the Patch to fix it". I said NO, Warning stays.

I dropped the Ironworks POR2 Forum and Webarea. The game sucked, and made me mad--it gave the name "Pool of Radiace" a bad name.. see, when us 'old timers' talk about Pool of Radiance 1 now, they will think we are talking about the SECOND one, and that sucks...

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 02:51 AM   #5
SubEffect
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, Ubisoft has a terrible track record with PC gaming. If anyone had purchased any of their older titles, they'd have been wary.

I mainly never installed PoR because of what I heard about it, and I bought the damn game for my wife and I to play through it.

I played all the original "gold box" games and was SO looking forward to PoR 2. I'm ticked off that someone came along and crapped all over the D&D license like that. I may never load the game up at all. Stupid me, i even bought the collector's edition with the most boring soundtrack ever to be released with a game. It might as well have been MIDI..
SubEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 08:15 AM   #6
Madriver
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
Okay guys,

I'm thinking about picking this up but it's $85CDN so I want to know if there's any major problems (readool of Radiance 2). I've got an Athlon XP 1800+, GF3 TI500, SB Live!, 2 WD80GB in Raid 0 and Via kt266a chipset so I have no problems from the hardware side, but I don't want to buy a game that's going to give my headaches trying to get it up and running. If you've got some experience I'd appreciate your opinions on the quality of the game. Thanks in advance.
I have almost the exact same config as you and NWN is running perfectly, haven't even come close to any bugs yet. Go now, go fast, game calls.

As for POR2, I was lucky and didn't have any of the big bugs, plus reading the forums allowed me to avoid the "save game" bugs. I actually finished the game and by the end it was pretty interesting, but it took me a while to get there. It was just SO SLOW in the beginning I was trying to avoid the hour long undead battles, and the character creation and development was crap. Sold it on ebay which helped to finance some other game purchases, so all is good. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Madriver is offline   Reply With Quote