Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2002, 10:26 AM   #1
Xenturi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm just wondering, what kind of parties people use so I thought that I maight make a little thread about it. I only want to heard about ones that have completed SoA and Most of ToB, and why you chose exactly those members

I my self have been playing with

My self: Fighter level 8/Mage level 28 "Chaotic Good"
Viconia - Also my romance
Minsc - he's just to cool in a dumb way
Imoen - some how you just have to bring her along or so I feel + I need a thief
Saravok - Same as imoen
Xenturi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 04:19 AM   #2
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

a thief is required so i use nalia shes a little better than imoen, sarevok cause hes great tank
and then myself paldin kit undead hunter lvl 40
314 hp (gotta love deck of many things moon moon moon)dont use any more char than that because you want your main peeps to gain lvl's fast.good spells for mage in my opinion spell trigger magic missile must have, skull traps on a high lvl mage deal up to a good 40 points and you can set them with enemies in site [img]smile.gif[/img] , death spell,,,very good and useful for when doing sendais place kills all spiders and all slaves and all umber hulks instantly makes lvl a breeze
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 04:26 AM   #3
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

continued,,
mordakins sword or blackblade great for going up against mindflayers and they dont lose int so they almost never die until unsummoned that and they are immune to most all attacks cept for dragons. and the best all important spells cloudkill and incendiary cloud need i say more?
i dont deal with all that magic reducing stuff like breach and pierce magic justs takes to long and really not that effective when you got tanks with GWA that and you always have to rest alot when you play a defensive mage. nother not my paladin has a natural 100% resistance to the elements and a 75%mr 125% with casomyr so i usually go solo plus a thief for traps and locks.
Old 03-17-2002, 04:28 AM   #4
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

sorry i use korgan at the beginning so i can kill kangaxx gotta have the ring of gaxx no char should be without it [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2002, 06:41 PM   #5
Xenturi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Here's my new Evil party, kind of fun I think. I'm using my old character from BG1

Fighter/Mage/Assassin: NE
Jaheira - Romance
Viconia - I still like her
Korgan - good tank
Edwin - very nice spellcaster (amulet)
Haer'daies - Improved bard song is nice, use anything and Carsomyr is nice too.

You should really all try this kind of party, by the way assassinate works well with "Black Blade of disarster"

Though I must admit I used cheats twice in this game, 1st I added the assassin class and next I installed the XP cap remover (i'm on 9mill XP), I have played the game with this guy twice now.
Xenturi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 07:24 PM   #6
Encard
Quintesson

Hmm...
Main Char: Fighter Berserker kit - dual wielding power o' death...
Edwin - supreme mage...
Viconia - only pure cleric...
Minsc - fancy dual-wielding combat...
Keldorn - useful... plus Holy Avenger... 8cackle*
Custom-Made Assassin - regular 100+ damage backstabs, as well as the standard thief stuff... *grin* *cackle* *tip*
Encard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 01:39 AM   #7
Aramil Galanodel
Dungeon Master

im currently using for my new evil group

main char monk
viconia (also romance)
korgan
edwin
and jan (funnier than minsc even and he can actually *raise* his theif level)

my only prob right now is my chars have terrible hp heh, jan's and edwins are bad (hey they are mages what you expect, edwins is a bit better though), viconia has a con of 9 so hers arent too hot, my main char's are alright, only korgan has good hp heh

when this group makes it to tob ill get saervok, later in the game i might drop jan for imoen im not sure though

i just hope i can finally finish an evil group trip through tob i always end up stopping halfway through soa
Aramil Galanodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 02:22 AM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I was never able to finish the game with an evil group, because I want to be at 1 reputation always, and do't want to do any quest that has anything to do with helping people, so I end up with nothing to do and a very boring game.
Old 03-25-2002, 02:43 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
I was never able to finish the game with an evil group, because I want to be at 1 reputation always, and do't want to do any quest that has anything to do with helping people, so I end up with nothing to do and a very boring game.
Wrong motivation then. Roleplaying evil can be very fun indeed. Greed and slaughter were my main motives when I had an Evil Party. The cries of horror from the Druids as they realise you poisoned their grove, the condemnation from the Mayor of Tradesmeet, seeking sweet revenge on Jon Irenicus, annilating the Amnish army because they stood in my way, killing Adalon because I didn't like her tone, backstabbing everybody in the Drow City, killing heroes like Drizzt, laughing as Solar calls me a piece of disgusting scum, etc... ...

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 02:51 AM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, I did some of those. The Druid quest was the more interesting. But thre are so many quests I can't do.

Like the skinner murder, why would I try to spot him? I have no reason to. My character can see no gain in trying to find clues on who killed those people.

Most of the time, the only motivation the game give to evil character is the reward the npc in trouble promise you, but they never say what it will be. When pushed, they say things like: I will see what I can get. Or do the quest and I will reward you acoordingly.

Why would my evil character help those people for an unknown reward? What if they just want to give me 50p? I won't risk my life for that!

So I end up skipping most of the quest in the game and just do the storyline, that is Brinlaw, Underdark, Elven City. Very boring. I never played an evil game in TOB yet, but from what I saw in my good game, TOB will be as boring quest wise for an evil character.

There are very little quest in TOB, and the only one of them who can be done by an evil character is the soul gem one.

[ 03-25-2002, 02:52 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]