Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2004, 10:41 PM   #1
AnS
Welcomed New User

Hi guys,

I have just been authorised to join in the forum.

Anyway, I have some questions regarding HoTU and Character builder.
1. I am now in Chapter 2 on Golem mission. There is a room full of weapons that whenever I enter, my "Enserris Longsword" starts attacking me and my group. Is there any way that he won't attack me and my team whenever I enter that room??
2. I have 2 char. one is Fighter 12/ Sorcerer 9 and the other Sorcerer 11/Red Dragon Desciple 11. Any tips for both this char?
3. I also saw some post on the Bioware forum about character building. Some people even willing to have their char abilities below 10. I think it is silly. Any comment???

Thanks in advance
AnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 11:23 PM   #2
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

1) dont enter the room; any weapons on your person will animate and attack you
2) equip your henchman as best you can, and buy a lot of ressurection rods
3) unless the particular module has a roleplaying dialogue regarding having stats of less than 10 there isnt a great deal of purpose to doing so. except of course if you want to roleplay regardless of if it causes a reaction in the 'world' or are just min/maxing your char to explore various 'builds'.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 03:43 AM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

I take stats lower than 10 for certain character types. For example I love roleplaying cranky Dwarf warriors with a 6 or even lower charisma. Plus those few extra stat points can help for getting a 20 constitution ASAP so I can drink lots of ale with little risk of falling over flat.

Of course failing appraise checks and persuade rolls sucks, but sometimes roleplaying is all in the tradeoffs. I do usually keep all my stats 10 or higher except in situations like I described.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:44 AM   #4
andrewas
Harper

1) Actualy, you have to enter that room to get an item for one of the golem-specific items, and theres a weapon that will come in insanely handy soon. I beleive you can dispel the weapon spirit and get your weapon back.

Failing that, if you have a save from before you entered that level, enter it while holding the Yawning Portal coutesy butter-knife you used right at the beginning (or similarly crappy weapon) since the script apparently chooses which weapon to steal based on what you have equipped at that point. Which is why it always takes enserric even if you leave him in a chest on the other side of the level.

Aside from the fact that the damn thing is holding a Godly Weapon and you are normaly fighting with your bare hands unless you have a spare weapon to hand, its not all that hard to kill.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:45 AM   #5
philip
Galvatron

Why not fight your weapon? Works fine and you'll get it back in the end.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:28 AM   #6
Epona
Zartan

You can either:

1. enter the room armed and fight your weapon, then pick it up off the floor after you've 'killed' it, or...

2. Drop all your weapons (including those in you inventory, in bags of holding, and in your henchman's inventory) on the floor in the corridor outside the room before you enter, then retrieve them all after you have finished looting that room. You have to drop everything on the floor though, just unequiping them doesn't work.

[ 02-05-2004, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: Epona ]
Old 02-05-2004, 02:10 AM   #7
AnS
Welcomed New User

Thank you for the replies

1. Well I fought it anyway and get my enseric back. I was just wondering whether I can just pass through without fighting any weapon spirit. Drop my stuff is not work. My active weapon is still come back and fight. A good weapon in the room???I found only greatsword, hammer, helm, and something (i forgot what).
2. I have disccuss with one of them in NwN bioware forum. They explain the same thing about having below 10 points char abilities. Only for fun, not for adventuring.

New Q;
1. I have reached 2nd level of the maker islan dungeon. I have seen the battle between 2 golem races. Is there a way I can talk to any one of them?? Cause either i face the green or the blue, both attacks me straight away?
2. Any cool Longsword aside of ensseric in HoTU?
AnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 04:03 AM   #8
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
1. I have reached 2nd level of the maker islan dungeon. I have seen the battle between 2 golem races. Is there a way I can talk to any one of them?? Cause either i face the green or the blue, both attacks me straight away?
yep.. just explore further

Quote:
2. Any cool Longsword aside of ensseric in HoTU?
well you can upgrade your sword for the better you know. other than that.. (i use scimitars so i dont know the good longswords out there)

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote