Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2003, 03:57 PM   #11
Piestrider
Zhentarim Guard

I REALLY hope that it isn't a video card problem because i don't really have time or money to get a new one.
Old 12-23-2003, 04:01 PM   #12
Piestrider
Zhentarim Guard

Oh yeah, and i guess i forgot to mention that the Windows ME recovery disk doesn't work. It says it's not compatible with our computer. Go figure.
Old 12-23-2003, 05:14 PM   #13
Piestrider
Zhentarim Guard

Well finally some good news! I went on the internet and installed a new video driver from the NVIDIA website and the colors all went back to normal!!!
However, i am still getting the DLL errors. I found another recovery disk and i'm going to see if that one is compatible unlike the other one. Wish me luck.
Old 12-24-2003, 11:13 AM   #14
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Piestrider:
Well finally some good news! I went on the internet and installed a new video driver from the NVIDIA website and the colors all went back to normal!!!
However, i am still getting the DLL errors. I found another recovery disk and i'm going to see if that one is compatible unlike the other one. Wish me luck.
G'day Piestrider

I had very similar problems. So similar it is scary. My mouse died though. One answer was found with the video card fan being siezed and just getting way hot. You mentioned the pc was left on all night. Check the fans are working through DOS or just a quick visual. Putting a new fan on helped but not fully! guess what finnaly solved the problem ????

dumping windows ME and getting XP! [img]tongue.gif[/img] It seems that my video card playing up * i must get a new one* really stuffs up windows ME

Keep us updated. PS i would also look at getting some more ram, it should be cheap and easy to fit

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years