Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2002, 08:09 PM   #1
Tiamat
Banned User

Like Saz's thread on gaming politics, I will discuss the music industry. Ok, We all are atleast familiar with the following spectrum: IMHO.

'Good' Music
Britney, Christina, Backstreet, and NSYNC+ Destiny's Child... etc.

'Neutral' Music
Sum 41, Default

'Bad' Music
Insane Clown Posse, SlipKnot, Marilyn Manson etc.

Ok, What makes the bad music so bad? (besides the swears and questionable content; thats sez it all but anyways) I was discussing this with sum kids, and they hate ICP. IMO, the people that like the neutral or bad music are actually original for once. I listen to pop music; and I dont see why its so good! The bad is actually good in sum cases as it tells it like it is and is a reminder that the world isnt happy go lucky. Wat are your thoughts?
Old 04-08-2002, 08:28 PM   #2
Tiamat
Banned User

BUMP for a decent topic!
Old 04-08-2002, 08:37 PM   #3
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

LOL, good to see you ain't spamming [img]smile.gif[/img]
But what I find annoying is the people who only listen to a type of music while it's popular, then as soon as it fades out of popularity, they forget it and move on to what's new.
I don't begrudge anyone of the music they like, but I wish thy wouldn't pretend to like something just to be in, instead of listening to what they really like and being themselves.
Old 04-08-2002, 08:54 PM   #4
Tiamat
Banned User

I like Insane Clown Posse because I, MYSELF like it. Plus, the pop music scene is quite gay IMO. The bad stuffs got almost better beat and most of the rap that is listened to is utter crap. I apologize for swearing, but its like what ever happened to originality? Atleast the bad stuff is fresh not like Nelly or Britney regurgitated for more milking. Pokemon was a victim to this (altho off topic it proves a point) and could have been as good as Final Fantasy but the creators were too drunk with the millions it sold and made a dumb show and C average movies- ruining a perfectly good rpg! PARANOIA WARNING! Did you ever stop to think that maybe the government or simular organization is putting hidden messages; Im serious! I sum times hear never before heard chords or notes that with all my perpetual listening to the same song were never heard before!
I am almost glad im unpopular; I would have to become another person (if u browse the rp board u'd see im good) just to fit in; it gets old.
Old 04-08-2002, 08:57 PM   #5
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiamat:
I apologize for swearing
You did?? Where??
Old 04-08-2002, 09:01 PM   #6
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

IMHO Brtiney Spears can go choke on a....well i wont say it. I really dislike pop music, with the exception of some of the music they play at dances, not to mention Britney Spears is ah *coughFAKEcough* ahem. I am definatley into the old school punk, as well as the heavy stuff like Metallica and Disturbd. Some bands are good just cause they put on a good show at their concerts (Blink182 ). But people will mostly listen to what is popular in their genre of music style, i.e., People who like the pop hip-hop stuff will listen to the new N'Sync songs (though i haf 2 admit those guys r pretty hot, but so is Billy Joe ), while i'll stick with the Offspring, thank you very much.
Old 04-09-2002, 01:24 AM   #7
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
All IMO:

All the pop music sucks. Why? Because its fake. All of it, its so fake. Very few of them write there own songs, very few of them make up there own caraogrophy, very few of them have...ehm..real body parts I guess would be a fitting term.They dont play any intruments, its crap. Its all so manufactured. And of course no one well like Brintet Spears in 3 or 4 years.

Other bands I dont like include: All the 'punk' crap, Sum 41, Blink182 ect. Why? Because its not punk! Its ridducluse to call it that. Come on, thats not punk. I dont like punk music that much, not the harcore stuff anyway. The Ramones (The orginal punk band) are cool, and the Sex Pistols had it right. They wear reblious, yet they didnt take it too far to be anoyying with it.

"I once waited for the communist call" was one of there lryics, I thought that was such a cool lryic.

Also another "band" I hate, ICP. I hate those guys. Hate hate hate, there so stupid. There music has very little meaning, I dont I just hate them. I could go deeper into but I am sure it would offend some people here.

As far as bands I do like? Pearl Jam, Metallica, Alice in Chains, MegaDeth, Black Sabbath, Ozzy,Iron maiden, this list goes on..They had talent, they wear good song writers, great musicians, there music ment somthing. It had feeling, meaning. Notice all those are old bands. I like very few new bands. Disturbed are good. Static X can be ok somtime. Not too many new bands I like.

So there is my 2 cents.
Old 04-09-2002, 02:28 PM   #8
MagiK

When it comes to opinions, you know you can always count on me [img]smile.gif[/img] I have so many of them

Good Music: Ozzy, Def Leppard, Kansas, Peter Paul and Mary, Foreigner, Alice Cooper

Bad Music: Any Boy band, Britney, all Country & Western

[img]smile.gif[/img] seriously, the only kind of music I detest is Rap.

Old 04-09-2002, 02:30 PM   #9
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
As far as bands I do like? Black Sabbath, Ozzy,Iron maiden, this list goes on...
You can say that again [img]smile.gif[/img] the list goes on and on and on [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2002, 06:26 PM   #10
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Well...as embarssing as it is too say it, I actually do like some country music...Hey I am from Texas, what did you expect?

I dont like too much of it, but Charlie Daniels, some of Alan Jackson, Lrynard Skynard, even though they wearnt realy country.

Another band I forgot to include was The Scorpions. I like them alot. Winds of Change is such a cool song. They have a bunch of good ones.