Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2003, 11:25 AM   #111
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

just an experiment [img]graemlins/whipitgood.gif[/img]

this is too funny! if you type 'whipitgood' in for a smiley, you get the above 'friendly,respected busy' box! LOL
Old 11-20-2003, 12:18 PM   #112
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Intriguing.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!! Have I got news!! (I know you all are thinking I hooked up with a girl by the sounds of that, but tis not so. This is different news)

Anyways I had my first moments behind the wheel of a car today And I didn't kill anyone!!! Ok so I never got over 15 mph, who cares, I drove

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 11-20-2003, 12:23 PM   #113
Maelakin
Drow Warrior

So, I’m sitting here at work, bored out of my gourd, waiting for the system to come back up. So far it has been down for 4 hours and we haven’t been able to get anything done. There is a pile of work on my desk taller than the Empire States building, yet I cannot do anything but repeatedly hit refresh, hoping that someone has posted something new for me to read so that I may have a least a moments respite from the boredom.

Click, Click, Click…the sounds of me repeatedly clicking refresh are the only sounds in my office.

Anyone else ever do this or am I just retarded? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2003, 12:31 PM   #114
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Too bad most businesses don't let you put games on your computer Maelkin. It would be perfect for an occasion like this.

Old 11-20-2003, 12:44 PM   #115
Maelakin
Drow Warrior

I can load games onto my computer here, but then I would be setting a bad example for my employees. I don’t want them spending the day playing games so I refrain from doing the same. I trust that many of them would be capable of playing in moderation and only during times where the workload is light. However, some would abuse the privilege and it would only be taken away.

Then there is the responsibility of discipline in the work place. If I allowed others to play games when their work was done, I couldn’t discipline those who played games even when there work isn’t done. Then it comes to a situation of various workloads leading to favoritism. Eventually that would lead to my dismissal as the root cause. So, I practice what I preach and set an example for my employees.
Old 11-20-2003, 12:47 PM   #116
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I just found out that a file that is due today my boss doesn't have, saw it sitting in a pile in the front office! Grrrrr! I was thinking he should be bringing out the work for me to do by now, it's almost 1:00pm, but noooo. Now he is only starting it! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-20-2003, 12:47 PM   #117
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Ahh. yes, that is true. Makes you wish that human beings were better suited to self-discipline.

Old 11-20-2003, 01:39 PM   #118
Maelakin
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
I just found out that a file that is due today my boss doesn't have, saw it sitting in a pile in the front office! Grrrrr! I was thinking he should be bringing out the work for me to do by now, it's almost 1:00pm, but noooo. Now he is only starting it! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Did you remind him it was due today? I'm guilty of forgetting a deadline once in awhile, but fortunately my employees are gracious enough to give me reminders when needed.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:43 PM   #119
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Congrats, FSA! Now try and keep the car on the road and off the sidewalk too.

Maelakin, sounds like you've got one of those 'count the dust bunnies under my desk' days....hope it improves! As for the setting an example part... I commend you! My own boss...well, LOL, she is on leave at the moment but when here, she does her bills,listens to music on her pc, cuts and prints coupons, surfs the net for baby furniture, calls her mom for half an hour at a time, takes multiple personal chit chat calls and often can be heard saying she doesn't feel like working! Don't get me wrong, she's a nice personable, lady and she does a good job when she does her work, she just makes it hard for me to feel motivated, knowing that I have to go home to do all my personal bill paying and such! Just no way I can do it at my desk which is the main office and I share it with another person, not to mention it's the 'hub' for anyone who needs something and I'm dealing with the public all day.

Hey LadyZ! You will probably get that file to work on just before closing now! Ugh! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2003, 01:48 PM   #120
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

well...fsa about girls....we don't bite, unless you ask, and it doesn't hurt to ask one out. nothing fancy, no explanations, just say "hey do you want to see a movie this weekend with me?" if she says no it is nothing to you!!!!! she may not like *like* you, and now you know. it is simply like nike says "just do it" it is the only way to get it done. i am a very very very shy person, but i learned (about 10th grade or so) that i have to just do whatever. if i like someone just tell them (this process was experimented on in 12th grade when i told another girl how much i liked her, even being straight she was cool with it) if you want to spend some time with someone just ask, you will get no where being scared of the results of doing something extroverted. besides if you get shot down or hurt or what not you have a wonderful family to support you and a wonderful iw family who will listen. we will just duct tape wellard and donut's mouths shut so they can keep their smart comments to themselves

another thing about being shy...i was actually scared to start posting in cloudy's. i thought i would be intruding. you got that down before i did, you have socialite in you trying to get out.

and about driving: congrats!!!!! i still remember my first time driving...i almost hit a barn....

[ 11-20-2003, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: RevRuby ]