Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2001, 08:46 AM   #21
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Cant visit em all huh? WATCH ME MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 06-16-2001, 10:07 AM   #22
Moni

BladeMaster,
Rex said he actually spent some time last night/this morning reading posts in the BG2 Bar and before I even saw or opened up your thread here he was telling me how someone was being an a$$ to you regarding you character.

I say cast a spell of mute retardation on the jerk and ignore further posts from someone who is so lost from reality that they can't understand that fantasy role-playing is just that~fantasy. Rule books by this or that person do not make the rules set into stone. The whole idea of fantasy role-playing is to use (and to be able to use) your imagination.

Don't go, just ignore the person disrespecting you or do as Saz suggested and let a mod in on the details so that the offender can be given the what for about picking on people's character's. They obviously don't have any of their own (character I mean).

I am posting this just hearing about it, not having read it myself so if the person picking on BladeMaster is someone who knows me here and wants to be mad at me for this post, go right ahead, I can take it and you need to let up. Its FANTASY!

Someone who does stuff like this just for the sake of making someone else angry just because they know they can isn't worth the time it takes to type back.

Moni

------------------

Old 06-16-2001, 10:26 AM   #23
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
BladeMaster,
Rex said he actually spent some time last night/this morning reading posts in the BG2 Bar and before I even saw or opened up your thread here he was telling me how someone was being an a$$ to you regarding you character.

I say cast a spell of mute retardation on the jerk and ignore further posts from someone who is so lost from reality that they can't understand that fantasy role-playing is just that~fantasy. Rule books by this or that person do not make the rules set into stone. The whole idea of fantasy role-playing is to use (and to be able to use) your imagination.

Don't go, just ignore the person disrespecting you or do as Saz suggested and let a mod in on the details so that the offender can be given the what for about picking on people's character's. They obviously don't have any of their own (character I mean).

I am posting this just hearing about it, not having read it myself so if the person picking on BladeMaster is someone who knows me here and wants to be mad at me for this post, go right ahead, I can take it and you need to let up. Its FANTASY!

Someone who does stuff like this just for the sake of making someone else angry just because they know they can isn't worth the time it takes to type back.

Moni

Moni, I am afraid that what you are saying is not really the issue right now. The problems with people critisizing BM's character have long been solved, and hadn't so much to do with people hating his character, as it had with BM being over-sensitive to critique.
But the reason why he was thinking about leaving this time had to do with an unrelated arguement with another Forum member.
If I may do an attempt at representing his sentiments, I believe that BM has agreed to keep posting here, only less often as he used to, until matters clear up.

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-16-2001, 10:32 AM   #24
Moni

Melusine,
Thank you for setting me straight.

I hate to see BM leave for reasons of negativity within the forums but I do understand his feelings and stand by him as a friend, awaiting his return to feel comfortable with posting regularly again.

Moni

------------------

Old 06-16-2001, 11:18 AM   #25
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

BladeMaster: I am sorry this has happened. I hope that if you should pick up Wizards & Warriors that you will feel free to post in that forum if you feel the need.

I understand about the BG2 forum. On the three times I have gone in there looking for information recently, I have seen so many vulgar posts, some of them downright abusive, and it certainly does NOT make me want to post anything in there! (Sorry, Memnoch.) It doesn't only seem to be recently: whenever I search for information on a topic (like to find out which of the character's are best to include in a party), I find threads filled with spew about how someone's else's choices SUCKED and how their own choices were KEWL...no respect for anyone else's opinion. I just don't care for that forum! So as I'm learning BG2, I'm relying on Cloudy and RudeDawg for help. Sad, but that's the way it is.

Hopefully things will settle down for you soon. You are a valued member here.

Cheers,

Old 06-16-2001, 11:41 AM   #26
Lavindathar
Harper

Hey Blade, I know we dont really know each other, but I would like you to stay.I myself had have people have a go at me for a totally pointless reason, but thanx to a few people they have persuaded me that those people just aint worth it.

Thanx Reeka!!

So, Blademaster, it seems you have a lot of friends, so please, reconsider your deciscion!!

All the best, and I hope you can stay,

Brad

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 11:55 AM   #27
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

I understand about the BG2 forum. On the three times I have gone in there looking for information recently, I have seen so many vulgar posts, some of them downright abusive, and it certainly does NOT make me want to post anything in there! (Sorry, Memnoch.) It doesn't only seem to be recently: whenever I search for information on a topic (like to find out which of the character's are best to include in a party), I find threads filled with spew about how someone's else's choices SUCKED and how their own choices were KEWL...no respect for anyone else's opinion. I just don't care for that forum! So as I'm learning BG2, I'm relying on Cloudy and RudeDawg for help. Sad, but that's the way it is.
Gee, thanks Saz, nice to know I'm doing a good job which threads are you talking about, mate?

I don't really want to have to check EVERY SINGLE ONE for content...

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 12:22 PM   #28
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Gee, thanks Saz, nice to know I'm doing a good job which threads are you talking about, mate?

I don't really want to have to check EVERY SINGLE ONE for content...
Sorry, Memnoch...no slur on you, mate! You do a great job in there. There's just so much stuff, though.

To be fair, a lot of the "search posts" I did pulled up stuff from Nov-Dec of last year, so that may not be germane right now. However, the three times I've searched the front page was during the Bagger incident and then once during the crabs incident. Maybe it was just bad, bad timing on my part, but it doesn't really make me want to go back in there much.

Old 06-16-2001, 12:33 PM   #29
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Sorry, Memnoch...no slur on you, mate! You do a great job in there. There's just so much stuff, though.

To be fair, a lot of the "search posts" I did pulled up stuff from Nov-Dec of last year, so that may not be germane right now. However, the three times I've searched the front page was during the Bagger incident and then once during the crabs incident. Maybe it was just bad, bad timing on my part, but it doesn't really make me want to go back in there much.

Yeah, I guess. I'm just concerned that if you as a newbie in that forum has that impression, what are others getting? Probably the same. I shut down the BG2 Bar for that reason, it was getting out of control. I posted some guidelines on behavior (I didn't want to have to, but looked like I had to).

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 01:13 PM   #30
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Hey, BladeMaster

Get with me, ICQ or MSN. If you need to talk, I'm here.

------------------