Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2001, 10:05 PM   #1
Starkiller
The Magister

are there any resolutions to quests that will stop Jaheira from having a romance with you? Occasionally when you resolve a quest a certain way she will chide you, like when I used the ransom note to get the silver pantaloons, but are there any instances like this so severe that they will hinder or cut off the romance?

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 08-16-2001, 10:26 AM   #2
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

Not that I ever heard of.
Old 08-16-2001, 12:48 PM   #3
roninwalsh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Try picking the coldest responces when the romance dialogue starts up. Its a relationship let her know you value her as a companion and nothing more. Becareful, don't be insulting or she might take off for good. If you have Aerie in your party and flirt with both of them at some point Jaheria they will begin cat fighting and demand that you make a choice. When this happened to me I let Aerie down easy and she still stayed with me to the end and stopped whineing. The same might apply with Jaheria. I think she's pretty insufferable and since that game I tell her to take a hike. You loose 2-3 mini quests if you do though.
Old 08-16-2001, 07:03 PM   #4
willow2

Why is everyone going on about having romances with Jaheira and Aerie?

I'm a female player with a female fighter lead. Will Minsc, Yoshi or Keldorn try it on with me?

Bit of romance would be nice for us girlies too!

Old 08-16-2001, 07:19 PM   #5
trux

Quote:
Originally posted by willow2:

I'm a female player with a female fighter lead. Will Minsc, Yoshi or Keldorn try it on with me?

sorry to say the only romantic option for the female PC is Anomen.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-16-2001, 07:40 PM   #6
willow2

Hmmmmm. Well everyone says that Amoen is pathetic so maybe I won't bother.

Get my kicks taking out the baddies instead.

Old 08-16-2001, 07:45 PM   #7
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

Ronin I think what he meant was that he was scared doing something bad would break off the romace, not 'what can I do to stop her harrasing me' (the answer to that would be obvious), as for your question, yes! The Jah's romance is notouriosly tricky and I suggest downloading the fix from Baldurdash.com before you do anything.

Jah's romance will often cut off if your rep rises to 18+ or if you do too many things that upset her, with all the potential romance candidates there is a hidden gauge running in the background that keeps track of your favour with them, if you fall out of favour the romance will likely stop, vica versa if things arn't progressing, you can do something they like to start it again. In Jah's case that would be giving money to the slaver children, buying the locket from the merchant in the docks or helping her with the curse quest...

NB: The Anomen romance is actually one of the more interesting ones, I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing how it progresses in ToB (so many characters to advance), it certainly makes a change from doing Aerie's dull romance for the sixth or seventh time *sigh*.

[This message has been edited by Ace Flashheart (edited 08-16-2001).]
Old 08-16-2001, 08:59 PM   #8
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by willow2:

Don't count on Yoshimo to fall in love with you :] As for crazy Minsc, that too would be rulled out. I'm not too sure if the reversed was created, that is romance with a female hero. But, I'd surely think it would be the case, I sure know I couldn't take it, I mean, playing a girl and having a bunch of horny, smelly, barbarian guys coming on to me :] Just imagine if that Chaotic caracter, like Kelgorn, that small person, falling in love with you? The guy keeps having this foul mouth with everyone in the party. Well, that is, if you're turned on by that... by all means.... Try to hit on Valygar, he looks like a fairly decent guy, strong arms, a bit dumb but... heh :]

*G*

[This message has been edited by Wildhorse (edited 08-16-2001).]
Old 08-18-2001, 08:21 PM   #9
Starkiller
The Magister

Thanks everyone, Ace especially because that was exactly the info I was looking for. sigh, some women can be so unstable, why does Jaheira have to be such a drama queen? My rep was 20 last game, that is probably what screwed up the romance...this time I have managed to keep it at a nice healthy ten and I just got to the underdark, even though I am a chaotic good character...(sigh, I just couldn't stop Edwin from knocking off that Sir Sarles guy for his illithium, whatever will I do with him? good thing I didn't do it in front of Jaheira or it sounds from your post like she would have a hissy fit. Oh, by the way, willow, or anyone playing a female, I was just wondering...SPOILER OF CHAPTER 5...can a female character still make it with that Drow woman? how does the underdark work? Do they actually respect you because you are female?

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 08-18-2001, 09:23 PM   #10
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller:
...SPOILER OF CHAPTER 5...can a female character still make it with that Drow woman? how does the underdark work? Do they actually respect you because you are female?

Now now, these Drow female are kinky but not that kinky. If you play a female hero, you won't get to sleep with her. Nope, you just won't get that ungodly pleasure :] Respect? Drow? Respecting anything except... well, actually even that some don't respect... the mother of all spiders... so.. respect isn't really a good Drow word...