Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2003, 04:58 PM   #1
Jim
Quintesson

Hi all,

just noticed that my party of ultimate badasses (HoF mode) do not attack beyond 4 times per round! The monk is supposed to get a 5th unarmed attack at level 18, and the fighter at level 21, but the BAB of my characters remains at 4!! (they are around level 22). Even when I increase the xp to reflect that of a 30th level character using the console, the BAB's remain at 4 attacks per round. What's going on? I've tried creating a brand new game and have the same problem (boost the XP as soon as I start), and I've tried re-installing the game but all to no avail. I'm running (and always have been) the latest version.

This is too wierd! I'm sure I have seen my chars with 5 BAB's before, and they all get the 5th attack when I cast haste, but for some reason, they don't have a natural 5th attack per round.

Any ideas?

[ 01-04-2003, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Jim ]
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 08:08 AM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

As far as I know, the base number of attacks per round -for a fighter at least, I'm not sure about monks- will never exceed 4. The only way to get 5 is, as you said, by casting haste, or when dual-wielding or using the rapid shot-feat. That's the way it's supposed to be, to my best knowledge.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 08:09 AM   #3
Jim
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by J'aran:
As far as I know, the base number of attacks per round -for a fighter at least, I'm not sure about monks- will never exceed 4. The only way to get 5 is, as you said, by casting haste, or when dual-wielding or using the rapid shot-feat. That's the way it's supposed to be, to my best knowledge.
And right you are!

In the manual tables, it shows fighters gaining a 5th attack at level 21, and monks gaining a 5th attack at level 18. This turns out to be complete nonsense. Any class cannot have more than 4 base attacks per round (including the monks!).

Reflecting on this makes sense though, since haste is still mssively beneficial, dual wielding doesn't suck quite as much, and the monk can put the bracers that grant an extra attack to full effect.

I'm sure blackisle intentionally put boll*x in their game manuals just to confuse people as much as possible!

Cheers for the reply anyhow J'aran [img]smile.gif[/img] .

[ 01-15-2003, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: Jim ]
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 11:52 AM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

The official Player's Handbook for 3rd edition quite clearly shows that monks get a fifth attack at level 18. I don't know why this wasn't implemented in the game.

Can't say about fighters, however, as the official tables only go to level 20 in the PHB, and that's still 4 attacks per round.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote