Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2001, 04:23 AM   #1
White Knight
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So if I'm looking for scrolls for my mages (I've got Nalia, Aerie, and Imoen in the party), where is the best place to look, especially for high level spells? It seems like a lot of times that the merchants or treasure troves are randomly generated...any idea how this works?

Also, a specific question, related to my last post (250? You there?)...where is the Mordenkainen's sword spell...sounds like my best bet to off those pesky mind flayers.
Old 03-17-2001, 04:28 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by White Knight:
So if I'm looking for scrolls for my mages (I've got Nalia, Aerie, and Imoen in the party), where is the best place to look, especially for high level spells? It seems like a lot of times that the merchants or treasure troves are randomly generated...any idea how this works?

Also, a specific question, related to my last post (250? You there?)...where is the Mordenkainen's sword spell...sounds like my best bet to off those pesky mind flayers.
suck in his breath in disbelief, his eyes filled with amazment and surprise AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you shaying you cannot find thish shimplesht shcoll????? OMG what an idiot me found it when me wash five anyway that wash not the point jusht let you know to look alound in shopsh posshbily TRADMEET SMITH anda ADVENTRUE MART alight? now go and shtop annoying me by showin your shmile alound and know that if you come back without it nexst time me not lettin you get away thish eashy!!

Old 03-17-2001, 04:33 AM   #3
White Knight
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, well...I'll keep looking...for your info, I did look in those shops. Ribald just had low level scrolls, and Trademeet was even worse. Maybe it is randomly generated at the start of the game. It may have been in the Underdark, though, I was last there when I was much younger and weaker, and had a lot more things on my mind then just buying scrolls for the mages. I bet the gnome guy has it...have to look tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2001, 04:41 AM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

sigh, there are only so many places sell scolls

in tradmeet, there are two (have you checked out the genie before he left?)

in Slum, there is one

in bridge distric, there is one

in Wakeen, there are several, but very easy to locate

in docks, I doubt this spell will be for sell there.

wait, in tradmeet, there is a noble-looking merchant who sells good weapons (like acid club +3, belt of inferior) check him out as well
but DO CHECK OUT the smith because he has a lot of high level spells
Old 03-17-2001, 05:20 AM   #5
white heron
Manshoon

Hey,i found that spell in Nalia's cellar. -I dont think you could buy it though.
Try pickpocketing loads of wizards.
Old 03-17-2001, 12:08 PM   #6
Charean
Hathor

Unfortunately, you cannot buy really high level scrolls, ie: level 7 or so and above - you have to find them on quests and killing assorted mages...

White Heron suggested pickpocketing - a good solution.

You can either cheat or find them in the game... that is about it.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?
Old 03-17-2001, 12:11 PM   #7
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

If you do not have a magic license yet, start casting spells in city, you will be ATTACKED by Cowled Enforcers, who always have a couple of high level (i.e. 7+) scrolls in their inventory.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-17-2001, 12:27 PM   #8
Epona
Zartan

SPELL LOCATION SPOILERS

You're right, WK, Ribald does not have many spells ... BUT the lady at the back of the Adventurer's Mart has a good selection.

Also try - Spell store above the Mithrest Inn (Waulkeen's Promenade)

There is a thief just outside Waulkeen's Promenade (night time only) under the arches at the eastern side who has a good selection of spells, especially summoning spells.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-17-2001, 02:36 PM   #9
Epona
Zartan

SPOILER
Ooh, and I've just remembered - I got Mordekaines Sword scroll by pickpocketing everyone in Waulkeen's Promenade. Can't remember who had it though - it was either one of the Soldiers or the toffs on the platform in the SE of the map.

It might be random though...

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.
Old 03-17-2001, 09:09 PM   #10
Lord Shield

Or, if you play a Sorceror (like me), you just CHOOSE Mordenkainen's Sword when you get the option of 7th level spells