Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2002, 08:43 PM   #21
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Music Videos? I haven't seen one in years - I thought they were gone. Every time I tune to MTV or VH1 I get some "Cribbs" or "Behind the Music" bullshit. NOt to mention Osbornes, Daria, and the ultra-annoying Beavis & Butthead. I mean, the entertainment is fine, but where does one go to WATCH a music video these days?
I download mine from alt.binaries.mpeg.videos and alt.binaries.mpeg.video.music

Broadband rocks.
Old 12-31-2002, 04:33 PM   #22
philip
Galvatron

one step closer by Linkin Park
Old 12-31-2002, 04:49 PM   #23
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

I find Avril Lavigne's Complicated video hilarious. I also like Sk8er Boi by her. However, I love Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal". Especially the original song! It rocks!
Old 12-31-2002, 05:07 PM   #24
Steve Fox
Banned Troll
Drow Warrior

My favourite music vid is Freak on a leash by Korn, where the bullet is smashing through everything in slow mo, I find it sweet
Old 01-02-2003, 11:17 AM   #25
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Blind_Prophet:
Nine Inch Nails Closer video is the best music video ever so different so creative its just a great video
Legendary clip from a legendary artist.

I saw an awesomely sick clip about 2 mths ago which I'm positive featured Mr Reznor. I didn't catch the title but the clip is set in an office building and all the workers start going insane. They are thrashing everywhere and all this digital static (for lack of a better description) starts taking over their bodies. It's freaky from start to finish and has some alienesque actors in it. I can't really describe it accurately but am desperate to find out more about it; the song in particular.

Anyone got the faintest clue what clip i'm talking about?
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 01-02-2003, 01:37 PM   #26
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Krustin:
quote:
Music Videos? I haven't seen one in years - I thought they were gone. Every time I tune to MTV or VH1 I get some "Cribbs" or "Behind the Music" bullshit. NOt to mention Osbornes, Daria, and the ultra-annoying Beavis & Butthead. I mean, the entertainment is fine, but where does one go to WATCH a music video these days?

Broadband rocks.
[/QUOTE]I excitedly tried to find this URL, but could not. Can you either post the exact URL or link it. Thanks so much.

As for my not seeing videos - I realize that MTV2 is where you have to go today - but that's crap. I bought basic cable (the last time I had cable) and it only came w/ MTV & VH1, i.e. very few videos. Sorry, but I work 12 hours a day - I don't have time for TV enough to justify a $50/mo. cable bill.

So, these days I have 5 attena channels in Chicago and rent movies when I have time - no fuss, no muss.
Old 01-02-2003, 05:49 PM   #27
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Krustin:

Broadband rocks.
I excitedly tried to find this URL, but could not. Can you either post the exact URL or link it. Thanks so much.
[/QUOTE]Look on the USENET. They are newsgroups. You'll need a newsreader - try XNews

In order to use the software, you need access to a usenet news server. If you are on a system that uses DHCP, simply use "news" as your server name. (One clue that you might have DHCP is if your mail reader is setup to use "mail" as your POP3/SMTP server)

Or you might need to know the specific server name, in my case it's "news.cogeco.ca" for example. On sympatico it's "news.sympatico.ca". You should be able to make an educated guess from the other names your system uses.

XNews is pretty easy to use, if you have any more questions feel free to follow up.