Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2003, 11:14 AM   #1
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

well, my husband got his sentencing, and it could have been worse, he recived 3 years probation, $1200 USD restitution, plus fines, and court cost. So the run down is, he can still work at this job, pay the prbation officer $25 a visit, and he can get a travel voucher, that will allow him to do runs ut of state, and also, will allow us to go up north for a vaction. I do not know if he is planning on fighting it or not, the way he talked last night, is to just let it go, but that is his choice, not mine.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:48 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hi Stormy, it could be worse. I don't know the whole story, but they could have put him in jail...Believe me, that's worse, I know, from personal experience. Be glad he got it, it will be better for you all in the long run. I'm sorry that there is anything like this to talk about, but let it go, and go on with your lives is the best thing. This may sound weird, but I'm happy for you both that he won't be in jail. Good luck.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:51 PM   #3
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Well it could have been worse, at least he didn't get any jail time. Congrads on that and I hope things get better for you two from here. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-23-2003, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: Lord Lothar ]
Old 09-23-2003, 09:14 PM   #4
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

I hate it when I jump in and do not have a clue what happend. But if you are happy then I am happy as well.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:19 PM   #5
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

I'm glad to hear he got off without any jail time. I was worried about it considering what you posted earlier. It might be better to let it go and move on, but I think later on he might regret not appealing it. But any way CONGRATS and the best to you all!
Old 09-24-2003, 01:24 AM   #6
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
well, my husband got his sentencing, and it could have been worse, he recived 3 years probation, $1200 USD restitution, plus fines, and court cost. So the run down is, he can still work at this job, pay the prbation officer $25 a visit, and he can get a travel voucher, that will allow him to do runs ut of state, and also, will allow us to go up north for a vaction. I do not know if he is planning on fighting it or not, the way he talked last night, is to just let it go, but that is his choice, not mine.
Apeal it, Appeal it.
From your post of the not so strong case, he should appeal it, then he will have some cool off time, and breathing room before the next round.
I say appeal.

Felix

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:28 AM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Exactly what happend, Stormy?
Old 09-24-2003, 02:19 AM   #8
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Exactly what happend, Stormy?
the run down on things, my husband worked at a comveince store, was promoted to assistant manager, while still in traing for that, they took him, and put him in full managment, no training, and made him run the worst store, which is now shut down, right after i had my baby, she was at the doctors office, and he came to us, 4 minutes after he left, the Area manager was there, and did an aduit, found alot of money "missing", she reported it, it went to the da, they charged him, went to court, the da asked for a continuence due to missing area manager, got it, next trial,asked for a continunce due to lack of bank stgatement, got it, next trial, asked for continunce due to lack of video tape, got it, this goes on for almost 2 years, they still had no evidence, nothing to show the judge that the money was missing, or the video tape of my husband opening the safe before he left, he was convited of a class C felony on all the above evidence
Old 09-24-2003, 06:13 AM   #9
Donut
Jack Burton

But if you don't appeal your husband will have a criminal record - and that can't be good if he hasn't committed a crime.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-24-2003, 09:24 AM   #10
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

Question Mark

He could appeal i dont really know because i dont know the whole story but he should at least try but with that fine a lawyer bill may be the last thing you need...