Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2001, 04:21 AM   #21
Cayle
The Magister

The next time you get a weapon prof. slot on level up, take two handed sword. Your cavalier will thank you later.

------------------
- Cayle
Old 05-13-2001, 04:46 AM   #22
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Again....contain SPOILERS:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I would say have Minsc dual wield axes (Stonefire and Frostreaver), Jaheria can have the staffs that she can use (although I prefer her to wield club and shield), Aerie can keep the flail for now, Yoshimo....well..... katanas and bow will do for now.
Since you are a paladin, and so is Keldorn, normally as what Cayle implied I would recommend him to wield a two hand sword and be skillful at it. But since you are into sword and shield along with proficiencies on single handed weapon, I'd give the 2-hand swords to Keldorn (or Minsc, if you don't want the ranger to dual wield).

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-13-2001, 04:54 AM   #23
Cayle
The Magister

Or when the time comes, you can do a bit if IEE editing to turn a particular two hander into a longsword. I did that myself because I have a cavalier in one of my games and I just have a mental picture of knights fighting sword and shield.

------------------
- Cayle
Old 05-13-2001, 05:04 AM   #24
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Heh....for some reason....I'm kinda obsess with dual wielding......

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-13-2001, 05:30 AM   #25
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

i too, have an obsession with dual wielding...

if i were you, concentrate on the AC of your characters. let aerie strap up a shield, jaheira club and shield, keldorn, two handed sword and yoshi on the short sword of backstabbing and a bow. i recommend you get mazzy. VERY effective missile thrower.

------------------

I am Bahamut... and this Chiharu.
Old 05-13-2001, 07:57 AM   #26
Tom
Elminster

I think Jaheria should have belm, being good with scimitars, correct me wrong! K?K!

------------------

Coffee anyone?
Old 05-13-2001, 08:44 AM   #27
Soven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

HEHE just slept with Aerie, now she is mine hehehe.
Old 05-13-2001, 08:49 AM   #28
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom:
I think Jaheria should have belm, being good with scimitars, correct me wrong! K?K!

Jaheria should have both belm and rashad talon. dueled with these and shes a good tank witht gorgon plate armour

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-13-2001, 01:36 PM   #29
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

In terms of damage, a scimitar is a sensible choice (1d8). But if it is up to me and with all factors (other than basic damage) taken into consideration, I would prefer Jaheria to use the Blackblood Club when my party has obtained it, why?
- although it is a 1d6 weapon, it is consider as +3 enchanted to hit weapon
- it's got good combat bonuses: damage +3 and THAC0 +3
- it is a blunt weapon, hence she is able to damage clay golems
- it has acid damage (+3), hence it makes a good choice for troll killing

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-13-2001, 04:24 PM   #30
Lord Shield

Welcome to the new boy! Most of your questions have already been answered, but I shall add a little bit for you:
1) Only Fighters/Multi-class fighters get the De'Arnise Keep, not Paladins
2) Yoshi? The building you went in with Korgan (wasn't that Lord Pemberton or something) should have nowt to do with this
3) When you need to replace Yoshimo, you will retrieve Imoen. You won't screw anything up by not having him OR Imoen though - the game can still continue
4) Yep. Whether or not you sleep with her, it will SEMM like it's ended, but just be patient... and do NOT accept Haer'Dalis nito your group if romancing Aerie
5)Purely down to caster level. You need to be at least 7th level to memorize 4th level spells such as Lesser Restoration - if you can't meet this, has she been level-drained?