Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2005, 09:34 PM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Can anyone recommend me some ultra violent anime?
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 01:36 AM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

Here and here.

[ 01-06-2005, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: Jorath Calar ]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 04:02 AM   #3
uss
20th Level Warrior

Nice reply, Jorath!

Seriously, Elfen Lied(pronounced Leed like in German) was quite a bloody anime series that also has full frontal nudity in it. Due to massive amounts of the aforementioned features(flying limbs and the like), I think it's never going to be dubbed to English.

The old classic 1988 anime movie Akira and the Neon Genesis Evangelion epilogue movie End of Evangelion are also pretty violent. They weren't nearly as violent as Elfen Lied but IMO they were more effective.
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 07:22 AM   #4
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Pffft thats easy.
Ninja Scroll
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 11:14 AM   #5
uss
20th Level Warrior

I haven't seen Ninja Scroll. [img]graemlins/dropatear.gif[/img] I've heard it's extremely good(the movie, not the TV series).

Which reminds me, the Rurouni Kenshin OVAs - the prequel of the series - were extremely good. In fact, they were pretty much the complete opposite of the TV series. It had very detailed, gory and realistic sword fights and had an excellent although slightly slow-paced plot.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:01 AM   #6
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
I haven't seen Ninja Scroll. [img]graemlins/dropatear.gif[/img] I've heard it's extremely good(the movie, not the TV series).
The series are also good! They come near to the quality of the movie, style is the same and story, well, it's only 13 eps so it can't be *that* much a waste of yur time I recommend them!

And Kenshin, Reminiscence is at #1 spot @ animenfo.com
*BUT* I strongly recommend you see the end of the series: Seisouhen. It's 2 shows. It made me weep at the end A must see if you like Kenshin. It's the true final.

Now as for ultra-violent, I recommend The Fist of the North Star, the movie offcourse. Loads of blood, more than your screen can handle.

[ 01-07-2005, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: Zuvio ]
Old 01-07-2005, 07:14 AM   #7
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
Sorry but, you sound like a total sicko' there. Could you explain why you would want something like that? I just don't understand.

[ 01-08-2005, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]
Old 01-07-2005, 09:11 AM   #8
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

lets see, off the top of my head, I'd recomend "The Professional: Golgo 13" (the sequel not so much), and Crying Freeman. Fist of the North Star isn't bad the first time you watch it, but gets worse with each replay.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:35 PM   #9
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by uss:
The series are also good! They come near to the quality of the movie, style is the same and story, well, it's only 13 eps so it can't be *that* much a waste of yur time I recommend them!</font>[/QUOTE]I once saw the 2 first episodes of it and didn't like them. I can't really remember what I disliked about it, but I simply didn't want to watch any more. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Oh well, once I watch the movie and then the series, I'll probably love it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
Sorry but, you sound like a totsl sicko' there. Could you explain why you would want something like that? I just don't understand. </font>[/QUOTE]You shouldn't be so surprised. After all, violence *is* entertaining, as is horror.

Also, in some action anime(especially recent ones, I believe), there's no blood in fighting scenes, which is quite silly. Imagine swordfights that don't show a single blood gushing slash.

[ 01-07-2005, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: uss ]
Old 01-07-2005, 01:32 PM   #10
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
Sorry but, you sound like a totsl sicko' there. Could you explain why you would want something like that? I just don't understand. </font>[/QUOTE]Clockwork Orange came from the same man who made FMJ and Space Odyssee. And just like Kill Bill, they're absolute hits. Violence is a natural part of the human psyche. It even has a reason of being such. Ultra violence, not done in real life, is a form of entertainment to some. To others, drama, romance, Dr.Phil and Gilmore Girls are forms of entertainment. To me, that's absolute horror. Try explaining the human mind, drop me a note when you figure it out