Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2003, 12:51 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Z do we always return to the tavern or is there a way to return to where we left off (as in, if I got to level six tonight, which I did with help from some great IW and other players) can we go back to 6 right off or do we have to work our way down again?

It'd be great to have both options, but I doubt that's possible, is it?
Old 08-19-2003, 01:06 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Hey Cloudy, good gaming tonight btw [img]smile.gif[/img] .

It is possible and I have posted a suggestion to Ziroc about this but I don't think he's read it. The suggestion is here : http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=8;t=000160

Basically by the time I get to level 6 I'm thinking about packing it in. So each time I play in EFU I never get beyond that really.
Old 08-19-2003, 01:23 AM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

It was a blast! I really enjoyed it and that sphynx of yours.. LOL, LOVE IT! Thanks for letting my bardlet tag along with you!

I asked because I was curious and the other player (Nathaniel) wanted to know and he's a real team player- the kind you like to have with you! I told him about IW, hope he finds his way here, but even if he doesn't, it's really nice to meet good folk in games online!

The very first time I tried the mod, some 22+ players helped me 'peek' at the levels all the way down to 5 (then the server crashed) and when I tried to go back to start on my own (a level five bard!) I kept ending up in level five so I was toast in seconds! Z reset something and I got to start in the tavern again. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2003, 08:21 AM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hey Cloudy! [img]smile.gif[/img]

If Z has not reset the server between the time you exit and return, AND you don't change characters, you will return to the same location (level and room) where you exited.

If the server HAS been reset, you will restart at the tavern.

One suggestion: EVERY adventurer should have a ring of invisibility quickslotted. Some monsters will have innate true seeing ability and it won't help you, BUT it can make things easier if you are simply trying to retrace your steps through earlier levels. Okay, it's cheesey but it can make a difference.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 10:22 AM   #5
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:

It is possible and I have posted a suggestion to Ziroc about this but I don't think he's read it. The suggestion is here : http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=8;t=000160
I think it might work better to use something like the telporter in the Host Tower of Luskan. Different wardstones would allow you to open a portal to different levels. As long as someone in the party has the relevant wardstone the entire party can just jump to the desired level. Of course, theres no need to let them teleport back out.
Old 08-19-2003, 02:29 PM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Glad ya liked it Cloudy!!

Yeah, I am working on a semi-fix for that, and it'll be a secret conversation with Durnan that is buried deep in Dialogue (not TOO deep), but 99% of people that will know about it, will be from here, or know the Mod well before finding this.

I may do that, or I'll make a secret warp zone somewhere in the Tavern's Bedroom area... [img]smile.gif[/img]

If I'm DM'ing, and I see you come back, I'll warp you back to where you were.. Did that for StigTC the other day.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 01:53 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Glad ya liked it Cloudy!!

Yeah, I am working on a semi-fix for that, and it'll be a secret conversation with Durnan that is buried deep in Dialogue (not TOO deep), but 99% of people that will know about it, will be from here, or know the Mod well before finding this.

I may do that, or I'll make a secret warp zone somewhere in the Tavern's Bedroom area... [img]smile.gif[/img]

If I'm DM'ing, and I see you come back, I'll warp you back to where you were.. Did that for StigTC the other day.
Cool! I really do love it, Z! Heck I stayed up way past my bedtime to check it out not once, but twice! LOL I'm thinking of playing on Fridays when I can and maybe launching another character so I can check some of the quests out. The first time I took Alassra in, the group was ahead of us so I didn't do any of the quests (assuming there are some! I did hear a drow woman ask for protection and a party of drow was looking for her so I figured it might be a quest).

Anyway, Great FUN!
Old 08-22-2003, 09:13 AM   #8
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Hey, Cloudy, I'll be going in tonight, too. I'll try and find you. Micah says he may come, too.