Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2003, 03:56 PM   #1
Chewbacca
Zartan

I would like some feedback on my leveler/equipment module.

I have merchants selling all the basic stock items in the toolset.

I have a scroll merchant and I cannot decide the best way to set up the different stores.

Should I just have all scrolls in one store?

Should I set up different stores for each type of scroll? ie.-(arcane/divine)

Should I divvy up the scroll merchants by ranges of level? ie.-(0-3, 4-6, 7-9,)

Should I divvy them up by ranges alphabetically? ie.- (a-d, e-g, h-k, ect.)

Any idea I havent listed for easy scroll browsing?

Thanks in advanced for your feedback. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2003, 04:41 PM   #2
philip
Galvatron

I think the arcane/divine separation is great. For a leveler module I think it might be easy to just do the scrolls in ranges of level, as lvl 2 characters don't want to see lvl 9 scrolls. You could add different ranks to the shop, mage apprentice, mage, arch mage or something.
Another thing you could consider is breaking it up in defensive, offensive and the rest
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 03:06 AM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
I think the arcane/divine separation is great. For a leveler module I think it might be easy to just do the scrolls in ranges of level, as lvl 2 characters don't want to see lvl 9 scrolls. You could add different ranks to the shop, mage apprentice, mage, arch mage or something.
Another thing you could consider is breaking it up in defensive, offensive and the rest
Thanks! I have decided the more options I provide the better to make it user friendly. So far I have a store with all scrolls, a healing scroll store, and arcane scrolls divided by levels. Next I will do Divine scrolls by level and then look at maybe doing a store each for offense, defense, ect. I just wish they had organized the scrolls in the toolset in a far more user friendly way.

BTW I posted a reply or two for you at the BioWare guild. I'm back in module making action now that the holiday sales season is drawing to a close and I no longer have 6-7 day work weeks.

Talk to ya later
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 05:05 AM   #4
philip
Galvatron

You could use the spell lists (I think they might be in the manual though not so sure) or the lists at the Wizards site (all p&p spells as well and might be lacking some) to make searching easier. Edit: dóh I could have searched for the nwn spell list first @ gamebanshee

Great! I've finished HotU so I'm going back to 100% module making again [img]smile.gif[/img] I'd really like to see how our module will go on

[ 12-30-2003, 05:09 AM: Message edited by: philip ]
philip is offline   Reply With Quote