Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2004, 04:33 AM   #1
theGrimm
Manshoon

I am soloing a chaotic good and now very powerful cleric mage. Upon reaching Ust Natha, I asked myself the question..."What would a powerful chaotic good cleric mage do when confronted by an evil city of drow?"

Kill-em-all!!!

I've never tried the approach of attacking Ust Natha with brute force, although I'm sure it possible, even for a solo char.

Question 1: Would I be able to complete the game, with this approach? I suppose I could scout the city first and complete some of the quests the proper way, but I kind of like the idea of the mighty Bhaalspawn approaching an evil drow city, laying waste to all in his path.

Question 2: Would I miss any good items this way? (Good for a cleric mage, that is?)

Thanks, all.
theGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 05:36 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Yes, you can finish the game. As for items, I *think* you miss out on a certain suit of armour you might want (but there's better in the same chapter, anyway - although, it's harder to get..), but other than that I'm not sure.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 06:12 AM   #3
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

it probably wouldn't hurt to check out the evil shopkeepers - just in case you know
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 07:23 AM   #4
Faceman
Hathor

It's even possible to finish the underdark without going to Ust Natha, so whatever you do there shouldn't matter.
There's some nice stuff to miss, but as you are soloing equipment is not that important anyway, as you'll find enough nice things elsewhere.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:34 AM   #5
bjorn
Zhentarim Guard

you can finish it without going to ust natha??

spoiler
Is that by killing the silver dragon? never been able to bring myself to do that...

if it's alright, spoil me!
Old 02-24-2004, 09:21 AM   #6
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by bjorn:
you can finish it without going to ust natha??

spoiler
Is that by killing the silver dragon? never been able to bring myself to do that...

if it's alright, spoil me!
SPOILER

You can by just letting the Dragon disguise you, then breaking the deal by going to the Exit Gate and opening it. The spell registers you as Drow. My first time through the game, I though that was actually the Drow City!

Once open, the Illusion Spell dispells.

<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 09:31 AM   #7
bjorn
Zhentarim Guard

what? the door is only locked for non-drow?

i diddent expect that [img]smile.gif[/img]

but when does the illusion dispel?
is it when the first door opens or the one to the surface?
Old 02-24-2004, 09:38 AM   #8
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I would advise you to do a few quests, and the first drow you slay should be the Matron Mother.
What I always did was complete the quests properly, then hang around after the ritual. Then, once everyone has gone hostile, I walk around and slay whomever gets in my way. That's also when I do the Jarleaxle quest. Way to wipe out TWO houses! Oh yeah!

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 11:47 AM   #9
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

I think it's when you open the gate to the temple, then enter that temple.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 12:05 PM   #10
drew_jarvie
Zhentarim Guard

Yea, I ususally wipe out the Drow after they go hostile. A chaotic good character would probably want to help the dragon because it is a force of utmost good and so to roleplay this character, I feel you must do the quests then slay all the Drow. All of them [img]smile.gif[/img]