Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2001, 07:10 PM   #1
loriluvsxs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I've gotten into the Temple, but I can't seem to win this battle. It's been over a week now, and I just want to get done with it and move on. Albion, the priests, the summoner and all his cronies just keep kicking my butt. Anyone got any suggestions that can help me defeat these dudes? thanx in advance!!!
loriluvsxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2001, 07:31 PM   #2
Tathlum

That one was a pretty tough one for me the first time through. I found the best thing to do is to have a theif with a high % pick pockets score. Start while they are all "good guys" picking off all the offencive stuff from them. And you can get some real useful stuff. Go all through the place except through sealed doors and loot all you can, talk with everyone. Learn where they are. Especially Geelo and Albion, they are the most dangerous one's there. Also have a couple of, elixers of health or neutralize poison scrolls, antidotes. Buy all the scrolls you can off Geelo especially the hold person's. When battle first starts they cast animal affinity so their attacks could poison you. Go after Geelo first he's the most dangerous one. Also they use lots of hold persons, so be ready for that. Web is a great spell to use when you get in close quarters with them.
When you get that far hit the High-ritualist Yuan-ti with all you've got first.

Hope that helps, good luck and look out- the worst is yet to come LOL
Old 02-10-2001, 07:44 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Get into a room/position where you can set your tanks up front then then launch a pre-emptive attack with spells with missile weapons/spells. You can pick them off peicemeal until they get close, when the tanks/fighters switch to melee and the others keep shooting. You will have to go find the summoners after you have whacked all the preists/everything else. They'll keep summoning stuff. Use cleric defensive spells when it gets close.
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2001, 07:00 PM   #4
Panther

Right after I spoke to them I conjure some skeletons and stuff like that with my mage. They was good like a shield and from the behind i kill everyone with the bows and the spells. It wasnt a hard battle, harder battles will come after this
Old 02-11-2001, 09:15 PM   #5
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Lorilsxs, just curious. Have you beat them yet and if yes how? Three very different strategys, just wondering your plan. I'll be doing IWD again after HOW so I'd like to see how other things work. Thanks!
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 07:05 PM   #6
loriluvsxs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanx for all the tips! I combined them and they worked great! First I used missle spells/weapons on Geelo, then got Albion. Then cast a couple of web spells at the door and trapped most of the priests and killed them off. It only took a few times to defeat them. The rest of the area really wasn't too tough. Now it's off to kill xenomi. Wish me luck!
loriluvsxs is offline   Reply With Quote