Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2002, 11:25 PM   #1
Sylph
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm in Severed Hand [I HATE the Shattered Souls, BTW ], and I noticed on the walkthough that there is a Bag of Holding on the Goblin Trainer. Well, I've certainly killed EVERYONE on that level and searched the area fully and STILL no Bag!! Help! I DID get the Misery Flail and Gromchuk's Axe (Orc Cheiftain)[I know I'm not saying it right].
Old 04-17-2002, 11:35 PM   #2
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

spoiler,
If you have indeed killed everyone, then you'll find it still lying on the floor.

Happy Hunting,
Vixen
Old 04-18-2002, 08:37 AM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

At the risk of awakening a sleeping dog ...

The "Bag of Holding" that your workthrough refers to is NOT a TRUE Bag of Holding. It's a mutated form called the Jester's Bag of Holding. You can NOT store items in the Jester's Bag. Rather, the Jester's Bag will allow you to TAKE OUT one RANDOM item per day. These items will range from the totally useless (i.e a dead cat) to something good (Bottle of ELven Healing Wine).

Personally, I think its a cute item, but hardly something to fret over if you missed it.

BTW, CanadienVixen gave you the proper location for the item. It can be a bit hard to see due to shading ... so scan around for it. ALso, since it is NOT a quest critical item, there is a chance that it might have vanished if its been a while since you took care of the worg trainer.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 09:06 AM   #4
StarVid
Elminster

I dunno, I think the jester's bag of holding is pretty awesome. I've gotten a lot of elven wine out of it. Also, it has a habit of giving me things that I need (like arrows when I'm running out). Even better, it's given me magical ammo and scrolls of spells that I haven't been able to find. I love that item.

Still, I can't wait to get a real bag of holding. In a 4 person party, it's getting hard to carry everything.
Old 04-18-2002, 02:45 PM   #5
zakharak
The Magister

Quote:
Micah Foehammer:
BTW, CanadienVixen gave you the proper location for the item. It can be a bit hard to see due to shading ... so scan around for it. ALso, since it is NOT a quest critical item, there is a chance that it might have vanished if its been a while since you took care of the worg trainer.
Is that true?? stuff only disappears if it is not quest .. uh.. stuff?

One time, i lost a char with Yx and after the battle, she was raised from dead, then rested and all her gear had disappeared. I was so disappointed!!!

StarVid:
that makes it sound worth while. Although, i never found it at all, and I search everything i can... lata rasta
Old 04-18-2002, 03:32 PM   #6
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

solution to the decay of items and the lack of space in a small party:
Find a good stash spot near the entrance to each "dungeon."
In the severed hand, for example, there is a "jar" on the first level just south of the entrance and just to the left of the stairway leading up to the next level. When you first arrive, throw every non-essential item there (extra spells and potions and gems and stuff). you can come back anytime for it.
There were also some cool chests at the entrance to Dragon's eye that were set there for this purpose.
Unfortunately, Dorn's deep doesn;t have any really good stash spots. Unless you like to leave your goods on a dead body in the Ettin cave?
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 05:55 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Decaying items - IIRC, BG2 implemented a non-decay tag for quest items and I thought that IWD did the same thing.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 10:28 PM   #8
zakharak
The Magister

That's an excellent idea Leafy.

I always left my unnesecary stuff in Kuldahar in some homes cabinet. (there is no limit) That reminds me i am on Burial Isle and i forgot to pick all that up.... Can i go back??

I mustn't get too excited about IWD until i finish my FINALS...

lata
Old 04-18-2002, 10:31 PM   #9
Sylph
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks to you all for so much feedback in so short a time! Both the location AND the "difficult to find" advice was absolutely correct - I finally found it. I am disappointed it isn't a "real" bag of holding, but it's a nice surprise too. Nifty stuff - especially the elven wine. Thanks to all again.
Old 04-18-2002, 10:33 PM   #10
dragonwolf
Dungeon Master

it is a worthless item it only gives you a NON-magical item
dragonwolf is offline   Reply With Quote