Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2003, 12:45 PM   #11
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

The unpatched versions has very bad memory problems. If your version is 1.0, install the patch(es).

You can probably speed up the load game menu if you reduce the number of saved games in this folder.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 01:23 PM   #12
ashara
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My thanks for all the feedback. I'm adding another 512 of RAM, since that seems to be the most common suggestion (and it won't hurt for other reasons). I'll let you know how it works out.......
Old 10-03-2003, 06:12 PM   #13
ashara
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Many thanks! the memory upgrade did the trick with loading and exiting. The map is still sort of slow, but maybe that will improve. If it doesn't, I'll come back and ask for more feedback. Now I can finally make some progress in the game ( even if the party does repeatedlt get killed off as I move to a new scenario or just wander aimlessly.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:03 PM   #14
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by ashara:
Many thanks! the memory upgrade did the trick with loading and exiting. The map is still sort of slow, but maybe that will improve. If it doesn't, I'll come back and ask for more feedback. Now I can finally make some progress in the game ( even if the party does repeatedlt get killed off as I move to a new scenario or just wander aimlessly.
What I would recommend for that is, if it takes more than a few seconds to load the map, just hit the Esc key. You'll go back to the main screen. Then hit Tab again and the map should come up faster.