Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2003, 11:10 AM   #1
Sigmar
Unicorn

Here's a selection of the urban legends that I've heard.

Amazon's storage facility is the size of Texas.
Hitler is still alive.
The government is keeping an improvement to toilet paper under wraps.
Tupac is still alive in the Carrabean isles.
Play the theme of tv show "Taxi" backwards and you hear the famous song from the film "The Exorcist".
A special breed of Rock beavers live within the actual rock of Gibratar

I'd just like to add that I agree with non of the above, I'm justy displaying it for all to see. Add some more of your own urban legends if you like to, the more insane the better
Old 04-16-2003, 11:31 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

One of the bastions of urban legend tracking is Snopes, where I often go to prove or disprove something.

Ones my mom has passed on to me, swearing they actually happened...

... the "waving" houseplant that was actually a giant spiders nest

... the tiny dog brought back from vacation that was really a large rat

... the gang initiation ritual of killing the first person to flash their lights at you

It's easy to lose half a day reading all the stuff at Snopes. Be sure to check out the lost legends section... those things are amazing!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 04-16-2003, 03:24 PM   #3
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Jed Babbin said that "going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion

ROTFLMAO great site [img]tongue.gif[/img]

My own personal favorites are the ones with doctored photos [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2003, 03:31 PM   #4
Sigmar
Unicorn

Thats a wierd one /)eath

BTW thanks for the link Bungleau, great stuff
Old 04-16-2003, 08:01 PM   #5
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

KFC had to change their name because they don't use real chicken...
Old 04-17-2003, 01:03 AM   #6
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

Wouldn't add this except I have heard it and saw it on an urban ledgends show on hbo a while age.
White people are putting salt peter in popeyes chicken reduce the black population.
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
Old 04-17-2003, 01:07 AM   #7
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
Jed Babbin said that "going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion

My own personal favorites are the ones with doctored photos [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I actually thought that was a Rumsfield quote.
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
Old 04-17-2003, 01:37 AM   #8
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by sageridder:
Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:

I actually thought that was a Rumsfield quote.[/QUOTE]A few months back on Fox....

Reporter: "Why aren't we negotiating directly with North Korea, after all, we’re still talking to the French.”
Rumsfeld (refusing to take the bait): Err, I'm not going there."

Old 04-17-2003, 07:24 AM   #9
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

There was that urban myth about the old lady putting her wet poodle in the microwave...
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas