Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2004, 02:03 PM   #31
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Petrified monsters cannot be attacked by any weapon or by mosts spells without being depetrified first.

However gaze attacks and the incinerate spell will hurt a petrified monster until it dies without even thawing it up. That is a pretty unfair fight, right? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2004, 02:18 PM   #32
dragon2005
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by bsftcs:
Petrified monsters cannot be attacked by any weapon or by mosts spells without being depetrified first.

However gaze attacks and the incinerate spell will hurt a petrified monster until it dies without even thawing it up. That is a pretty unfair fight, right? [img]smile.gif[/img]
i must agre

i love to fight a monster that is a gallenge . so i don't use my stronges spells like firestorm or ather.

the problem is with monsters that do spells like the man trap or the chaos serpents in the serpent templl.

i now in the boogre cave and the strongs monster i fighted was the naga quine.
dragon2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 02:50 PM   #33
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... interesting, bsftcs. And if you incinerate a stoned monster to death, does it dissolve away, or does it remain? Could be interesting...

*edit* Forgot to add that I think the salads (mantraps and lilies) are the hardest creatures in the game. Nothing else comes close, IMHO. The naga, the Mother of Crabs, and the hydra are all other notable battles. The leprechaun is an evil git that needs to be killed, just on general principles And Erathsmedor and Oakenmir are old and valiant guardians who just can't put up a decent fight against modern weaponry. But killing them is almost unfair, given the number of XP you get from it [img]redface.gif[/img]

[ 11-29-2004, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 04:22 PM   #34
dragon2005
The Magister

why kill a friendly dragon?
Old 11-29-2004, 05:58 PM   #35
bsftcs
Red Dragon

@Bungleau: It dissolves, alright. So much for petrification. I mean, people of ancient times have erected monoliths for the purpose of keeping the memory of great events and persons for posterity. If they only knew that a gaze attack is all it takes...

@Dragon2005: Some people do it to gain the amount of experience points. Killing Erathsmedor is a tedious process and it does not give that many points compared to the time it takes. With Oakenmir the friendly tree, the case is different, though. Judging from your cybername, I guess you are a great friend of dragons? Well, blame D.W.Bradley. It was he and his staff who never implemented the consequences of breaking the oath. That is why people are free to slay anyone in the game they want without any repercussion.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:49 PM   #36
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Killing a friendly dragon? Well, some people are just a little bit on the evil side when they game... and others want that great treasure [img]smile.gif[/img]

But there is a legitimate game reason. If you've been unable to acquire the cloth item from the second watcher or the sacred word, then you can't initiate the proper sequence to receive the Mavin. If you kill the dragon, though, you do get the mavin. so if you've muffed up the game so far, it can still be recovered [img]smile.gif[/img]

I agree with bsftcs, though; it would be nice if the game reacted based on how you kept your oath.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 07:08 AM   #37
jsalsb
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
I agree with bsftcs, though; it would be nice if the game reacted based on how you kept your oath.
Especially as killing the third watcher to a acquire the Mavin, Holy Sword of The Champion, seems a bit contradictory, what?
Old 11-30-2004, 07:39 AM   #38
dragon2005
The Magister

does the mavin is a two hand sword?
Old 11-30-2004, 07:42 AM   #39
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by dragon2005:
does the mavin is a two hand sword?
No -- singlehanded, just big
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 02:20 PM   #40
dragon2005
The Magister

my paladin have a hemmer and amace . he hase the 2hand skill and secand wepan skill but he attacks only with one eatch time. why? -:-