Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2001, 12:40 AM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear IW Members,

I've noticed in the past few days that quite a few four-letter words are cropping up in threads. Admittedly, there have been a few threads on board that have resulted in some heated discussions. However, I think all of us here are mature enough to be able to express ourselves adequately and even passionately without having to resort to invective.

Please WATCH what you type. I don't want to have to start deleting posts or threads because of certain phrases in them.

Remember that IW is a family site, and many under-18 year olds frequent here. You don't have to talk like Barney the Dinosaur, but you don't have to talk like Andrew Dice Clay either! Just a little consideration is all that's called for, okay?

Thanks,

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 12:47 AM   #2
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Thanks for the reminder Saz! I guess the problem crops up b/c using those words shows emotion that if in person could be expressed in other ways. I will attempt to limit my use of them, but I will say that if the younger members of this board are mature enough to join in on these heated discussions then they are certainly mature enough to not be 'tainted' by a few four letter words

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-07-2001, 01:17 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I agree, Moridin...but Z's been known to close threads because of that. A little self-policing goes a very long way...especially when there are better ways to express oneself.

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 01:50 AM   #4
Rikard

It's not like before that we could just say that since there are a lot of people have joined the board who are more sensative and stuff...

Just take a good example from me
i changed all my f*cks in to freakin or something

------------------

OMG I have no Arms
Wait I don't have a body either
But i DO have a Desert Eagle

Old 09-07-2001, 01:55 AM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I just don't get swearing. How can people think putting f*ck instead the real word is better? We know what it means. Is there really no other word they could use?
Old 09-07-2001, 01:57 AM   #6
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I've also noticed the increase in 4 letter words. Thanks for reminding everybody Saz, otherwise we'd probably have ended up with a lot of closed threads and deleted posts. A friendly reminder is always welcome.

-Jafin

------------------

Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Guardian of Boo and best friend of Minsc
Old 09-07-2001, 01:59 AM   #7
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Thanks for the reminder Saz! I guess the problem crops up b/c using those words shows emotion that if in person could be expressed in other ways. I will attempt to limit my use of them, but I will say that if the younger members of this board are mature enough to join in on these heated discussions then they are certainly mature enough to not be 'tainted' by a few four letter words

Good point. But most stupid f**cks dont look at it that way

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way ....

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Currently in service for the Red Wizards
Old 09-07-2001, 02:50 AM   #8
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
I just don't get swearing. How can people think putting f*ck instead the real word is better? We know what it means. Is there really no other word they could use?
I guess that makes you no better then, since you just couldn't resist typing f*ck, eh?

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 03:42 AM   #9
Vampire

I'll second that. Grand Ranger's post was not bestly phrased.

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 05:35 AM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

What's the point in this conversation if Saz just said he'd like to reduce the amount of f-words in the IW-fora (forum is Latin, you know!!!).

Apart from that: did you notica I (me me me me !!!) am noticed at the bottom of each page!!! TM...much like copyright.What is the Link...

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst