Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2001, 10:36 PM   #1
onthepequod
Quintesson

I was at work this morning, minding my own business, when I recieved an e-mail from the accused. RudeDawg's e-mail started out in an acceptable fashion. He answered a few questions I had previously asked him but after that the e-mail took a turn for the worse!

RudeDawg stooped to a level that, before this, I would have thought him incapable of. Mothers gaurd your children, for the DebaucherDawg is running rampant. He is a bad influence on any who will listen to his seductive words of easy entertainment.

What could he have done that was so heinous you ask. What abhorant act did the accused commit, you ask. What fiendishly diabolical deed did he do, you ask.

I cannot answer this directly for fear of corrupting some of you. What I can tell you is that his crime lies in three word he wrote in the life changing e-mail. These three words occupied my mind for the entire day. Try as I might, I could not escape there grasp on my conscious thought. I was harried and tormented by my inability to escape them.

Finally, by the end of my work day I had been brough to my knees. At wits end, barely able to see through my blood shot eyes that were burning from the sweat running down my forehead, I gave in. With reckless abandon, I embraced that which had almost drove me mad.

Reduced to a drooling quivering mass, I made a stop on my way home that I could not have resisted if I had any strength left.

I can only hint at those three fatefull words for fear that if I fully comunicate them, all who read this will be compelled just as I have been. Those three words are......wait a minute. Why should I protect you. No...I wish you to join me in my corruption. I wish for you to be disheveled, just as I have been. Those three words are.....THRONE OF BHAAL.

------------------
Old 07-02-2001, 11:03 PM   #2
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Yes! Yes! YES! Throne of Bhaal is mine at last. I had to yank out my Best Buy credit card, but its mine! All MINE!!! BACK! BACK I say. Get your grubby little hands away form my TOB!

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?
Old 07-03-2001, 12:00 AM   #3
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I want Throne of Bhaal!!!! Wait, I don't even have BG2...... But I do have BG1! Then comes BG2 and then ToB! Only a matter of time! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! If only I had an elven army........... Hey, there's one!

-Jafin

------------------

I am Jafin, arch-mage of the HADB clan!
Old 07-03-2001, 12:17 AM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yup, EVIL! I haven't got it yet. Are you all having problems with it? I've heard from several people it's buggy.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 07-03-2001, 12:35 AM   #5
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Yup, EVIL! I haven't got it yet. Are you all having problems with it? I've heard from several people it's buggy.

Cloudy

Oh no! It's buggy?! I was hoping that I wouldn't have to deal with anymore buggy CRPG's after W&W (don't even get me started on that). Well, I guess I shouldn't be expecting that, it's bound to happen... Oh well!

-Jafin

Old 07-03-2001, 01:41 PM   #6
Sigmar
Unicorn

Black isle will be releaing a patch shortly.

------------------
"So why should I worship you Tiax?"
"Well Sigmar, I am Tiax the chosen one of Cyric, destined to ascend, I shall rule all!"
"Do you know you have a duck on your head?"
"Duck what duck......ahhhhhhhh!"

Tiax, warmaster of clan HADB
Old 07-03-2001, 03:05 PM   #7
Waluin

Well, I happen to have a Wizards store nearby so I've had mine close to a week or so now. The nuttiest thing is that I havent really gotten to it yet, I still have to finish SoA! (I never finished it when I got it a year ago)
Old 07-03-2001, 03:17 PM   #8
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Waluin:
Well, I happen to have a Wizards store nearby so I've had mine close to a week or so now. The nuttiest thing is that I havent really gotten to it yet, I still have to finish SoA! (I never finished it when I got it a year ago)
I’m in the same boat. I started with a character I developed from BGI as a fighter. When I reached Ch. 3 I decided I wanted to start over again and dual class him to a mage after level 9. So this is what I did. Then when I reached Ch. 4 with my fighter dual classed to a mage I decided that playing with a full party was becoming too easy and all the talk about soloing sounded like fun. Now I’m in Ch. 5 with my solo sorcerer. The only reason I purchased ToB at this point is because I reach the EP cap in level 4 and wanted access to the level 10 spells. I must say playing a solo character is a lot of fun.

------------------
Old 07-03-2001, 04:11 PM   #9
Waluin

Bah, all this talk of "too easy" gameplay with a party. A simple solution: notch the difficulty up to max, that'll do the trick
Old 07-03-2001, 04:48 PM   #10
demus
Manshoon

Bah, All this talk of ToB, just because all you lucky people live in America and can get it ages before poor little me in England

------------------
Nicodemus Deathslayer, Paladin and Undead Hunter of the Order of the Holy Flame