Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2003, 08:55 AM   #1
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Wellard,Downunda, Yorick, Leonis,Aleia Jusa, Leonis, and any others I've forgotten....

The chariots have arrived, Over 1 Million people have lined the streets of central London, to welcome home Englands Victorious Rugby world cup winners,

Swing low & We are the Champions is belting out in Trafalgar Square, Where not a bit of tarmac can be seen, Billy is glistening in the winter sun, people are dancing in the fountains in temps of 2 degrees, and London is a sea of red and white, as the two open top London buses wind thier way slowly through the crowds
And in answer to the Australian press question.....

YES, THIS ALL WE'VE GOT..WELCOME HOME DADS ARMY.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...es/3299845.stm

[ 12-08-2003, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: Lanesra ]
Old 12-08-2003, 09:11 AM   #2
Donut
Jack Burton

Well Lanesra - as you know I'm not one of those people that takes the piss out of those who are down so I'll just say it is a truly awesome sight.

I notice some Aussies online - I guess they haven't found your thread yet.

Edit: Now I get it - they are watching the parade and they are speechless!!

Edit: Now you are getting carried away Donut - a speechless Australian!!, that's as rare as a dodo in an Accident & Emergency room! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-08-2003, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 12-08-2003, 01:32 PM   #3
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

lol, grats guys... well deserved [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2003, 04:34 PM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
What's all this? We've added a couple of new pieces of silverware to our trophy case in the time it's taken you to organise the parade - bless!
Old 12-08-2003, 06:18 PM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
What's all this? We've added a couple of new pieces of silverware to our trophy case in the time it's taken you to organise the parade - bless!
My thoughts exactly Aelia - Davis Cup and Champions Trophy. Still you have to let them cherish the moment over there - it has been a very long drought since they last beat us at anything significant and it gives them something else to dine out on rather than the old ghosts of 1966. You have to wonder though about a country that votes that 3 second Wilko shin shank as the best moment of television for 2003. That was seriously the best they could come up with. I thought it was a country of rich tapestry and culture, but maybe I was thinking of the UK .
Old 12-08-2003, 06:25 PM   #6
wellard
Dracolisk

Light Bulb

Quote:
I do believe you are correct Aelia Jusa

Lets see. World champions at hockey last weekend. The weekend before was the world championship of tennis (that’s the Davis cup to those from a country that have not won since 1936) World records in short course swimming. Lets not mention Rugby league [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] Getting to go to these victory parades is a tad monotonous eh Aelia Still let them have there parade its not often they see such trophies. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 12-08-2003, 06:48 PM   #7
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

What do you mean? we've got the ashes.
Old 12-08-2003, 06:56 PM   #8
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
I do believe you are correct Aelia Jusa

Lets see. World champions at hockey last weekend. The weekend before was the world championship of tennis (that’s the Davis cup to those from a country that have not won since 1936) World records in short course swimming. Lets not mention Rugby league [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] Getting to go to these victory parades is a tad monotonous eh Aelia Still let them have there parade its not often they see such trophies. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]We tend to keep these parades for big occasions,not for girls games with bats and sticks [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2003, 07:03 PM   #9
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
What do you mean? we've got the ashes.
And they should be ours [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] we won and we want them now *goes off and as a hissy fit stamping his feet* [img]graemlins/bigeyesad.gif[/img]

Its just not fair!

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 12-08-2003, 09:02 PM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

In case nobody told you all, the rugby season is OVER...now it's time for the cricket. How are the boys doing in Sri Lanka?