Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2003, 07:46 AM   #11
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Very Slick Look. Especially the forum menu. I like the whole look of it. Outstanding work as usual for Z. A+
Old 02-25-2003, 07:53 AM   #12
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Oohh that menu looks very nifty indeed. The old topside link looked somewhat strange on my computer, but this looks excellent. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Just a note. Perhaps I´m the only one experiencing this. The highlighting of the different menu entries seem to be lagging. They don´t load with the page. Perhaps that is how it should be. As it is, I hold the cursor on an entry, say W&W forum, and 2 seconds later it gets highlighted. [img]smile.gif[/img]
This issue can be fixed by "preloading" the highlighted images when you pull up the page. The reason you get the delay the first time you try to look at a link is because it's uploading the image. Once it has it in the cache, then you don't see the delay.
I did this preload on another webpage I worked on. If you want to know how to do it (anyone), PM me and I'll search around for the html for that page and let you know how I did it.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:58 AM   #13
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by harleyquinn:
Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Oohh that menu looks very nifty indeed. The old topside link looked somewhat strange on my computer, but this looks excellent. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Just a note. Perhaps I´m the only one experiencing this. The highlighting of the different menu entries seem to be lagging. They don´t load with the page. Perhaps that is how it should be. As it is, I hold the cursor on an entry, say W&W forum, and 2 seconds later it gets highlighted. [img]smile.gif[/img]
This issue can be fixed by "preloading" the highlighted images when you pull up the page. The reason you get the delay the first time you try to look at a link is because it's uploading the image. Once it has it in the cache, then you don't see the delay.
I did this preload on another webpage I worked on. If you want to know how to do it (anyone), PM me and I'll search around for the html for that page and let you know how I did it.
[/QUOTE]I didn't make it preload so it would cut down on pageloads.. I MIGHT go ahead and do a preload java, but it takes time.

See www.tgeweb.com --I used the preloading javascript there. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 02-25-2003, 10:00 AM   #14
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Very cool, Z. Interesting about the expanded roleplaying forums. I might have to check that out.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:05 AM   #15
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Looking sharp! Is the "live chat" link a new feature or is it related to the now defunct chat board?
It's a dead link [img]smile.gif[/img] It'll be back soon though!![/QUOTE]Huzzah

BTW I like the new look Ziroc, very stylish [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2003, 10:07 AM   #16
Legolas
Jack Burton

Hear that Sig? You can almost go back home [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 02-25-2003, 10:21 AM   #17
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Tight-O Ziroc! It looks great! Will it include an archive of all your talk-shows? I remember you saying something about recording your talkshows....
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 02-25-2003, 07:32 PM   #18
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

A very pleasant surprise when I came here today. Looks good.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 02-25-2003, 11:28 PM   #19
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I'm almost finished with the new 'front page' to Ironworks Forum.

Check it out here:
http://www.ironworksforum.com

And also read the NEW additions to the news on that front page! Lot's of goodies are planned for the site in the coming Months!
Looks excellent, dude!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2003, 11:41 PM   #20
SecretMaster
Apophis

Does this mean I have to change my bookmarked page to this one?