Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2003, 10:01 PM   #1
ravenmaster
Elite Waterdeep Guard

why do my guys get kicked around like a ball? in trynton, i've never had a problem with the rapax. in fact, i've fought crabs that are tougher than rapax. but in this game they're unstoppable. why is that so?
in brightest day<br />in blackest night<br />no evil shall escape my sight<br />let those who worship evil\'s might<br />beware my power<br />Green Lanterns light<br />-oath of the green lantern corps
ravenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 11:48 PM   #2
sultan

hi ravenmaster - it would help if you could tell more about your party and what point int he game they are running into trouble.

keep in mind that the game has auto-levelling of enemies, with upper and (more importantly) lower limits for some areas. if you are entering the rift/courtyard/castle area at level 10, for example, you are likely to have some trouble as those enemies tend to start level 11+ and can get into the high 20's.

also, keep in mind that the rapax in trynton are only level 8 and they have neither magical attacking nor high resistance to magic attacks. by comparison, level 15 samurai in the rift will have both strong magic attacks and decent resistances. this means that your party will need to have good resistances to stand up to them, and either high-level magic attacks or solid melee capabilities to cut through them.

finally, i'd mention tactics. in trynton, you catch the rapax in a doorway, so assuming you dont charge in, you can fight them one at a time, which can be quite easy. there are some areas in the rift (or mountain wilderness) where the rapax can catch you in the open and surround you, or at the very least catch you against a wall and get 3-5 around you. the same level attackers will be stronger when more can get at you than you can get at them.
Old 09-28-2003, 12:41 PM   #3
ravenmaster
Elite Waterdeep Guard

the rapax are right in front of me when i enter trynton. its wierd because this is the first time my party isnt spectacular. i think i should alter them, but me and my father think that altering the game will stop me from entering ascension peak.thats what happened to my last party. i had every spell, the best guys, tough battles were against nessie, or a bunch (at least 7 different kinds of rapax and the firebugs) of creatures. this party was the first time i've ever died.
in brightest day<br />in blackest night<br />no evil shall escape my sight<br />let those who worship evil\'s might<br />beware my power<br />Green Lanterns light<br />-oath of the green lantern corps
Old 09-28-2003, 05:11 PM   #4
ravenmaster
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i just ran past the rapax, so now i'm in the boughs. thanks though.
Old 09-29-2003, 06:19 PM   #5
Rezdude03
Manshoon

lookout for the rapax in the bough. they will show up regardless. psionic spells (especially insanity will work wonders for you. just be careful on how many points your using.
\"We three, though born on different days, swear an oath of brotherhood\"<br />\"And vow to die the same year, same month and the very same day\"<br />\"Come, my Brothers\' destiny awaits!\"<br />-Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Liu Bei/ Dynasty Warriors 4
Rezdude03 is offline   Reply With Quote